craigslist 1988 BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes . Some 73's were brought to Spain with no engine and interior. They were painted there,vm motor installed and interior put in. Still has h55f so you could easily swap 3b

Take a closer look at the windshield frame on it,it looks like someone really did a number on that one.

FYI 2.5 TD VM engine equals engine swap the day after you buy it,these engines are boat anchors or paper weights at best!

Yes . Some 73's were brought to Spain with no engine and interior. They were painted there,vm motor installed and interior put in. Still has h55f so you could easily swap 3b

If you swap the input shaft from the H55 because 3B uses fine spline and VM has coarse spline.

Take a closer look at the windshield frame on it,it looks like someone really did a number on that one.

Joe, Beyond the paint job on the hood / windshield frame / fwd section of top, what are you referring to? From the pictures, I can't tell if it has rust, peeling paint or both. Thanks

Joe, Beyond the paint job on the hood / windshield frame / fwd section of top, what are you referring to? From the pictures, I can't tell if it has rust, peeling paint or both. Thanks

It looks like the ws frame is fixed to the body somehow,pictures or not that great so I might be wrong........but I doubt that ;)

I messaged him for more photos and a better description on Saturday. The reply was "call me". I had no interest after that.

It looks like the ws frame is fixed to the body somehow,pictures or not that great so I might be wrong........but I doubt that ;)

Thank you. That was not a detail that I was picking up on.

I spoke with the owner last year. The windshield is bondo'd into the cowl. He has a new windshield, but who knows how deep into the cowl the rust goes. The remainder of the body and frame looks pretty good. The front seats are some goofy cheapy Chinese Recaro look things. If you can fix the windshield and cowl, and don't mind taking a chance on the engine, I think he would take $7500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom