For Sale 1983LB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When this truck was purchased I had the timing chain and seals replaced. New radiator, calipers, rotors, shoes, pads, fuel pump, battery, all lights, wheels, tires, all fluids, windshield, filters, etc. I had the truck repainted by a buddy at a Mercedes/Aston paint shop, good job. Zero rust. Original carpet is present. Original radio works. Dash cap install. Seats could use recover. I haven’t found material at this point. No rattles or wired noises. Cruises 80+ without issue but gets 21+ if around 70-75mph. Nice quiet truck. All door seals pliable and truck is quiet. I have new shocks being delivered here soon, not sure they will help the straight axle but it can’t hurt. I have the steering stableizer being shipped as well. Truck is road worthy and has 150k. Bed shell was installed when new and bed is in excellent condition. No rust at all, spent all but 2 years in Socorro NM and first two years in Co. I have original plate and copy of title. Church owned. Thinking I’d like a newer Tacoma. Decided to just keep my 45s but I did enjoy this project.

74E17F51-FDD9-4451-A487-FBBF4D8DFE4F.jpeg

View attachment 1893479

7043E2C4-BCCC-43C6-AADD-D834FF8A6AD9.jpeg

What you need is a dash cover. If there is any tan in the interior, I'd jump on one of these if I had a truck as nice as yours.

What you need is a dash cover. If there is any tan in the interior, I'd jump on one of these!

I purchased a molded dash cap/ cover. Looks awesome and pretty much snapped into place. I didn’t glue it down in case I find the OEM dash I’ll be able to give this one away. It looks good for being less than $150.

Think so, even at them prices?

If I had a need for them I'd strongly consider it. Crack free dashes on these trucks are impossible to find as is. To put it simply, it's the cheapest they'll probably ever be. As long as they're kept with no cracks they'll just keep going up in value as the years go by. They're only going to get rarer.

I have a strong suspicion that these old mini-trucks are going to be as collectible as Land Cruisers in a couple years. The prices have been steadily rising on nice restored ones. A 1983 mini truck that was fully restored sold for $55k at Barret Jackson last year...nobody would've ever thought they'd go for that much!

I am not a fan of the molded dash covers personally, but people love them especially for the price.

If I had a need for them I'd strongly consider it. Crack free dashes on these trucks are impossible to find as is. To put it simply, it's the cheapest they'll probably ever be. As long as they're kept with no cracks they'll just keep going up in value as the years go by. They're only going to get rarer.

I am not a fan of the molded dash covers personally, but people love them especially for the price.

I believe that far too often I buy things because of their awesome value and there they sit in all their valuable glory. I’d rather pay once for exactly what I need no matter the cost.

I believe that far too often I buy things because of their awesome value and there they sit in all their valuable glory. I’d rather pay once for exactly what I need no matter the cost.

I'm usually the same way. But that rule goes out the window with old OEM nice condition interior parts. Right when you need them, you won't find one, or the price will be INSANE. You think you'd pay once no matter the cost but in 5 years are you gonna pay $1200 for an almost 40 year old piece of vinyl and plastic? Highly doubtful.

Also I don't believe that they'll be worth $1200 in 5 years but you know what I mean!

Thanks for posting the pictures, very helpful.

Apologies you felt my response had attitude, not my intentions, just looking for clarification of your goal.

I hope you find the Tacoma owner looking for a trade you have in mind!

Good work on the truck and best of luck with moving it along to its next home, it appears well on it’s way to being a nice mini!

Thanks for posting the pictures, very helpful.

Apologies you felt my response had attitude, not my intentions, just looking for clarification of your goal.

I hope you find the Tacoma owner looking for a trade you have in mind!

Good work on the truck and best of luck with moving it along to its next home, it appears well on it’s way to being a nice mini!

Are you the Johnny Knoxville I'm thinking of?!

Finishing interior. I’ll take pre underbody detail pictures as well as after.

This is the OEM lens I’m looking for. Furthermore, if anyone has ideas for original seat cloth and door panels that would be awesome. I have door cards but the drivers door pocket need elastic and the passenger door card has seen better days, it’s just old and has a couple cracks.

View attachment 1894314

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom