For Sale 1983LB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When this truck was purchased I had the timing chain and seals replaced. New radiator, calipers, rotors, shoes, pads, fuel pump, battery, all lights, wheels, tires, all fluids, windshield, filters, etc. I had the truck repainted by a buddy at a Mercedes/Aston paint shop, good job. Zero rust. Original carpet is present. Original radio works. Dash cap install. Seats could use recover. I haven’t found material at this point. No rattles or wired noises. Cruises 80+ without issue but gets 21+ if around 70-75mph. Nice quiet truck. All door seals pliable and truck is quiet. I have new shocks being delivered here soon, not sure they will help the straight axle but it can’t hurt. I have the steering stableizer being shipped as well. Truck is road worthy and has 150k. Bed shell was installed when new and bed is in excellent condition. No rust at all, spent all but 2 years in Socorro NM and first two years in Co. I have original plate and copy of title. Church owned. Thinking I’d like a newer Tacoma. Decided to just keep my 45s but I did enjoy this project.

74E17F51-FDD9-4451-A487-FBBF4D8DFE4F.jpeg

View attachment 1893479

7043E2C4-BCCC-43C6-AADD-D834FF8A6AD9.jpeg

Nice mini!

Price?

Interior and other pics, perhaps prior to paint?

Thanks!

X2 on the price..all classified have to have one!

Definitely need interior pics, undercarriage pics and pictures of the motor. This one's got the 22R?

It’s listed for trade, make an offer if you’re a cash buyer.

Ummm. Sure I will play your game of obtuse.

$4k, obviously after seeing a few additional pictures.

Ummm. Sure I will play your game of obtuse.

$4k, obviously after seeing a few additional pictures.

Out of curiosity, why such attitude when the truck isn't even listed for sale? When these listings are generated there are options of which one of the options is "TRADE". Just because a vehicle is listed for trade doesn't automatically mean that the vehicle is inviting obtuse and uneducated cash offers. Thank you for your $4k cash offer, however, at this time I'm forced to decline as the paint was only slightly less than your offer.

@LeRoy Cordova thanks for posting the pictures of the truck before paint. It looked to be in pretty good shape and in need of a rescue.

I see you're looking to trade this thing for a newer Tacoma, so I'm going to say in your mind it's valued somewhere around $15-$20k. It seems you did a lot of good work to it so is it mechanically sound? No issues whatsoever? Knuckles aren't leaking at all? No leaks from the transfer case seal in the middle or anything like that? Rear axle seal leaks? Differential fluid and everything gone through?

I know you're looking to trade it, but you do have to have a trade value in mind even when posting here. That trade value also helps keep "obtuse" values from popping up.

@LeRoy Cordova thanks for posting the pictures of the truck before paint. It looked to be in pretty good shape and in need of a rescue.

I see you're looking to trade this thing for a newer Tacoma, so I'm going to say in your mind it's valued somewhere around $15-$20k. It seems you did a lot of good work to it so is it mechanically sound? No issues whatsoever? Knuckles aren't leaking at all? No leaks from the transfer case seal in the middle or anything like that? Rear axle seal leaks? Differential fluid and everything gone through?

I know you're looking to trade it, but you do have to have a trade value in mind even when posting here. That trade value also helps keep "obtuse" values from popping up.

Thank you for your courteous response. The truck doesn't leak a drop of fluid anywhere. The front axle was rebuilt, new brakes front and rear, the truck drives as you would expect a new 1983 Toyota to drive. There are not any rattles, squeaks, vibrations or wind intrusions. There isn't any play in the wheel and it is centered. No power steering whine. The brakes are like throwing out an anchor. All the original mudflaps are present. I just replaced all (4) shocks and am waiting on the OEM fitment steering stabilizer. All lights work including the dome light. I am trying to find an OEM dome light lens because the one I purchased fits loosely. The spare tire mount is present and functions accordingly. The cold idle functions and RPMs drop after warming up correctly. The truck is really in amazing shape for the year. I have been trying to source correct material for the seats and the dash does have cracks and is covered with an ABS hard shell cap. The front axle was rebuilt so the knuckles are dry. As far as road worthy goes, I drove this home 2200 miles without any issues whatsoever. Keeps up with traffic and handles hills like most any (4) cylinder. The motor doesn't have any modifications at all and looks original under the hood.

Almost forgot, the transmission and transfer case are dry and this vehicle doesn't leak a drop of anything.

Seems like it's been gone through very well. As a former car photographer, you need to post up as many pictures as you can if you want to anyone to consider trading for this thing. I know it's cumbersome and a PITA but it needs to be done. I would take anywhere from 30-70 pictures per car depending on the features. Undercarriage pictures are a must.

If you do decide to sell it and need help with a valuation, let me know. I'm not going to blurt out my own opinion on here since you're looking to trade, but if you do sell I will happily give my .02.

Hope you get what you're looking for out of it and look forward to those 70 pictures you'll be posting shortly. :)

Thank you for your courteous response. The truck doesn't leak a drop of fluid anywhere. The front axle was rebuilt, new brakes front and rear, the truck drives as you would expect a new 1983 Toyota to drive. There are not any rattles, squeaks, vibrations or wind intrusions. There isn't any play in the wheel and it is centered. No power steering whine. The brakes are like throwing out an anchor. All the original mudflaps are present. I just replaced all (4) shocks and am waiting on the OEM fitment steering stabilizer. All lights work including the dome light. I am trying to find an OEM dome light lens because the one I purchased fits loosely. The spare tire mount is present and functions accordingly. The cold idle functions and RPMs drop after warming up correctly. The truck is really in amazing shape for the year. I have been trying to source correct material for the seats and the dash does have cracks and is covered with an ABS hard shell cap. The front axle was rebuilt so the knuckles are dry. As far as road worthy goes, I drove this home 2200 miles without any issues whatsoever. Keeps up with traffic and handles hills like most any (4) cylinder. The motor doesn't have any modifications at all and looks original under the hood.

Not trying to be fresh, these two dashes are the best I have ever seen on any market place. One NOS and one good used OEM.
1979-1983 TOYOTA TRUCK NEW FACTORY BROWN DASH PAD | eBay

1979-83 TOYOTA PICKUP TRUCK COMPLETE DASH WITH PERFECT DASH PAD | eBay

Also, lens is still available from the dealer and there is this if needed:
79 - 83 Toyota Hilux Pickup Truck OEM Rearview Mirror with Light | eBay

You'll never find any decent used door cards for sale and no one makes re-manufactured ones. It's either custom make your own or deal with the imperfect ones ya got.

Call up your local Toyota dealer and see if they have any of those lenses in stock. As for seat material just use some tan tweed fabric with vinyl backing. It'll look better than stock and be more durable. Kinda like the stuff they use in racing seats.

You'll never find any decent used door cards for sale and no one makes re-manufactured ones. It's either custom make your own or deal with the imperfect ones ya got.

Call up your local Toyota dealer and see if they have any of those lenses in stock. As for seat material just use some tan tweed fabric with vinyl backing. It'll look better than stock and be more durable. Kinda like the stuff they use in racing seats.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I’ll check with the dealership for the lens. As for the door cards and seat cloth, I’ll just keep the door cards because they’re not unsightly and the seats will just be clad with sturgis tahirts as they have been. Thanks again, super kind of you to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom