1981 FJ40 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice FJ40

Shane-

Classy work as always. This is your flagship that makes CCOT and many other look sad. I especially like the dune beige. How does the bed liner adhere to the paint in the tub interior? I always thought the bedliner was applied to the primer then given several light coats of mathcing topcoat in body color.

Am I wrong?

Top notch work man....

its gonna be as purty as the Homecoming Queen.

Super Fly work!

Those axles and brakes should be under glass in a museum !!! Please keep posting up pics, and the end product ! When do you think you will be done?

Are you producing the upper radiator screen or was it something that you got aftermarket?
Looks excellent!
I had a run of them made and what a great little item to have done since all the factory ones are junk.

Shane

That truck would be in my living room if I owned it! Sick work.

1981 Restore

It did not need half of what I did for a driver, but I just don't paint and call them restore. Thats just repainted and any one can do that.

Shane

Curious.....what did you spray on the calipers? How about for the engine?

Wow.... this rig is what mine asipres to be.

And watch out for that Joya de Nicaragua, those things are known to kill lesser cigar smokers. ;)

That truck would be in my living room if I owned it! Sick work.
Well if I can get this interior thing done, you might be able to buy a special edition love seat...:D

Curious.....what did you spray on the calipers? How about for the engine?
Those are new from Toyota.

Shane

I noticed the spindle on the knuckle, the last cover before you put the nuts in is pretty beefy, where did you get it? By the way, I have a 1980 FJ40 and I thought the frame restoration was excellent until I saw yours, this has to be the best frame off I have seen. How long did this whole project take? I really hope it isn't going anywhere that has salt on the roads.

Wow.... this rig is what mine aspires to be.

And watch out for that Joya de Nicaragua, those things are known to kill lesser cigar smokers. ;)
I have seen you truck, who are you kidding.....

I noticed the spindle on the knuckle, the last cover before you put the nuts in is pretty beefy, where did you get it? By the way, I have a 1980 FJ40 and I thought the frame restoration was excellent until I saw yours, this has to be the best frame off I have seen. How long did this whole project take? I really hope it isn't going anywhere that has salt on the roads.

What part are you speaking of? You lost me.

Shane

that is sick work... great attention to detail

Great work Shane. I would like to drive up and take a closer look.

I have spent a TON of time on my restoration, but I would barely call mine a restoration compared to the effort you put in.

I'm going to be starting another resto here in about 3-4 months. And was wondering if you have a "cheat sheet" or check list you use for your restorations. If so, I would love to get a copy of it. Also, since your local to me, can you provide a list of who you deal with here in the Portland metro area for your outsourced work? I have a guy for my blasting who does a great job at low prices, but for the rest of the work, I need people I can trust to do a good job, and treat me right.

Again, amazing, hard core, and very impressive.

:cheers:

Here is your gearbox bud...on its way today.

:beer:
trans01.jpg

Thanks for reminding me to post some pics.

Tranny is in........................

I had that bad bug that went around and the past few weeks have been spent indoors....

Planning on doing some work on it tomorrow, needs the rear sill shot, rear harness installed and fuel lines ran before the tub is set.

Shane

Shot the tub on Saturday. Matt wrote me a detailed letter on how he did his FJ45LV and after reading it over and over again and doing a test shoot on a 5x5 cardboard sheet I am now a pro.

However I did not use the SEM I used U-POL United Kingdom - Products and Info Raptor and I used a cool 1/2 tape with a nylon cord to make a perfect edge when pulled away.

It is to easy, you simply ad the hardener to one line and to the top with unreduced paint and shake like hell for two minutes and plug the gun and adjusted air to 50 pounds and go.

I shot all the corners, under dash and lips first and then took my time. I used 3 and half of the 4 that come in the kit and used the half on the lower firewall.

Pulled the tape and paper and here she is.
fj tub.jpg
tub.jpg
tub1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom