SOLD 1980 Toyota Pickup Crawler - $5000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everybody. It pains me to do this. I literally brought this truck back from the dead.....

I'm selling my 1980 Toyota Pickup that's built to be a very capable 4x4/rock crawler. I really don't want to sell it but I need an SUV and would like to see it go to someone who will use it. I've daily driven it and it does fine. It's reliable and starts right up. It is an EXCELLENT 4x4 rig. I've owned plenty and none has dominated the trails like this thing has. Here are the specs:

20R 4cyl
5 speed manual transmission - MUCH better than the stock 4 speed
5.29 gears front and rear
1984 Toyota axle housing w/ Longfield axle shafts in the front
Lockrite lockers (full time)
Heavy duty tie rods
1996 IFS rear axle
63" Chevy rear leaf springs
Bed is bobbed for better departure angle
33x12.50's on 15" rims
Roll bar/light bar

Recent work that's been done:
New timing chain with metal backed guides
New water pump and oil pump
New head gasket
Carb rebuilt with float lowered to help with off road angles
All radiator hoses replaced
New spark plugs, wires & ignition coil
New distributor cap and rotor
Alignment performed recently
Oil changes performed & coolant replaced
New air filter

This truck runs great and gets looks wherever I go. I can't drive it anywhere without someone coming up to me and telling me about their old Toyota pickup or how cool it is - and this thing is cool. It's an old beat up truck with tons of character. Surprisingly, a lot of things still work. Temp gauge and speedo still work. Gas gauge does work but is inaccurate. Radio does not work however. Heater, cigarette lighter, wipers all work. Stuff for A/C is there but needs a compressor and I would recommend swapping out the lines as they've sat disconnected for who knows how long. The interior is rough, but hey this is a toy! It does have a small leak from the rear main seal and I have a new one that will go with the truck along with a seal saver and clutch alignment tool. My plans were to throw a 22RE in it down the road, which would make this thing 10x better! Feel free to read my build thread for all work documented.

I cannot stress enough how much I don't want to see this thing go - and I may pull this ad or change my mind. It is a one of kind, built rig, and these old Toyotas are getting harder and harder to find.

I would absolutely love to see this thing go to someone on Mud. Can post/send more pictures if needed.

$5000 - MUD PRICE
or trade for a Toyota 4Runner. Prefer a 2nd gen that's modded but would also take a 3rd gen.

Here's a link to the CL ad w/ more pics:
1980 Toyota Pickup Rock Crawler -FS/FT

MujmvV.jpg

KB7GoK.jpg

pnEw2qGLj

BUMP! Price drop - $3,800. I really want to see this thing go to a Mud member!

From everything you know about the truck do you think it COULD make a drive to the east coast? Obviously anything could go wrong, it’s almost 40 yrs old. But any obvious issues?

PM me if you’d rather.

From everything you know about the truck do you think it COULD make a drive to the east coast? Obviously anything could go wrong, it’s almost 40 yrs old. But any obvious issues?

PM me if you’d rather.

Just PM'd you!

BUMP! Still at $3,800! But may do $2,500 and a welder...

Pending sale!

I just drove this truck while visiting my son, I love it. Just as advertised. We even did a little Louisiana mud wheeling ( all there is here). You did a nice job with this truck.

I just drove this truck while visiting my son, I love it. Just as advertised. We even did a little Louisiana mud wheeling ( all there is here). You did a nice job with this truck.

That is so awesome to hear that! I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I really miss that truck. Knowing now that I was going to sell my Jeep anyway I just would've kept it - oh well it's onto greener pastures! I actually texted Sam yesterday wondering how it was doing!

Do you have any pics of your wheeling adventure? Hows she running over there? Has he done anything to it yet?

He hasn’t done anything new to it. She’s running great. No pictures, it was a muddy area, nothing too photogenic! I used to own an ‘82 the same color from ‘84-89, then I sold it to get a 4Runner when Sam was born. Full circle.

1218734A-4F75-44D6-A329-0B53FABAEB23.jpeg
A picture of my old truck.

He hasn’t done anything new to it. She’s running great. No pictures, it was a muddy area, nothing too photogenic! I used to own an ‘82 the same color from ‘84-89, then I sold it to get a 4Runner when Sam was born. Full circle.

I can't tell you how happy I am you guys are getting use out of it! It really is great to know that she's getting driven and taken care of.

Tell him to become a member so we can follow it! I'm sure everyone who saw my build would like to keep tabs too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom