1980 FJ40 Loop Steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend some loop steps for my 4" lifted 80 FJ 40?
My FJ currently has the running boards in place, i would need a loop step on each side mounted about mid door to help get into it.
If someone has done this, some pics would be helpful, plus your recommendation on which work best.
Thanks

remove running boards and install sliders with a step?

How about a nylon roll up ladder.
BCDFD958-A3A8-49A7-BC3D-54B477C084F7.jpeg

90830109-58F2-4633-8CCF-0D90C4630325.png

Do you have access to a welder? I bet you could build something that would bolt on. Link to ideas(click text below image to see pintrest search):

Link to over the counter product made for
J€€ps

Last edited:
The sliders I built for the 45 were an excellent compromise. 2” lower than the running boards for accessibility, and an inch wider, so there’s a bit more traction for the 14s to grab on to.

If my wife ever sees that stirrup I'm in trouble. She already uses a polyester hobble attached to the roll cage to pull herself up.

Can anyone recommend some loop steps for my 4" lifted 80 FJ 40?
My FJ currently has the running boards in place, i would need a loop step on each side mounted about mid door to help get into it.
If someone has done this, some pics would be helpful, plus your recommendation on which work best.
Thanks
I'm doing the same on mine. See FJ-43 Hoop Step Installation for details what I have done so far. Note that it will require some welding skills to make some custom brackets.

BA628128-6C12-4118-AE01-5277BA05CB79.jpeg

+1 on the stirrup!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom