For Sale 1978 FZJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The true FZJ40.

Take one perfect 1994 80 series Land Cruiser with 130K and one perfect 1978 40 series and create the FZJ40.
The build was documented heavily on Ih8mud's form under "Ultimate Cruisers FZJ40"(google it).

What it is:
Frame and drivetrain with 1FZ motor from a 1994 80 series with 130K.. frame shortened to 93".
Add H151F 5 speed manual transmission, purchased from owner of Man-A-Fre.
1978 40 series in perfect condition, sand blasted and painted with PPG base/clear, SEM finishes all around.
All Land Cruiser Parts.

Accessories:
FJ Cruiser steel rims powder-coated.
5 33" Goodyear MTR's(full spare not shown).
Custom 1/4" thick rubber floor mats.
BT audio.
4Plus rock-sliders.
Vintage Air mini slimline AC/heat.

Simple yet rugged build. Enjoy.

(Contact if more photos are needed)

F2.jpg

F1.jpg

F56.jpg

F51.jpg

F14.jpg

More pics of under the hood please. Amazing you were able to fit everything in there.

PM sent

I'm really liking this rig. Keep thinking about it. Wish it were closer but maybe it's good that it isn't. GLWS!

Very very cool.

I got $30k for a similar rig 3-4 years ago. The market is better now; you should easily get $30k if you are patient.

GLWS

It's a shame the seller is unresponsive to an entire thread worth of questions.

Regarding the vin: it has an Arizona assigned vin(titled as rebuilt); went through all the rigorous DOT inspections (the officers were really liking it btw). When emissions is done, it's all wheel drive so only gets the idle check and the inspectors look for the 78 emissions equip, which it has and plenty more since it's a 94.

Added factory locking rear axle from a 96, including factory dash switch.... Time to play with it a bit..

engine pictures?

Found a set of great(practically new) 35 12.5 17 MTR's.. and the rims fit too. Had to add some Genright 4' steel flares which actually worked out perfect. Also added the Puma, which is an awesome addition for making the most of those 35's. I'll try to post a video of a nice obstacle here in Az we were playing with last weekend... I've been having such a great time with it there's really no reason for this post any longer... but haven't tried to delete it yet.

F58.jpg

F59.jpg

F60.jpg

F61.jpg

Nice rig ....I seen some guy post a wtb fj40 add awhile ago lookin for a ls swap...this setup is better in many ways. The power won't be there in comparison but suspension, brakes and axle upgrades will already be done ...now he just needs to swap a ls in the future for 30k more. Lol He did say his budget was 30k for a ls swap ina fj40.

What model Genright flares are those? I see quite a few of them on their site.
Thanx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom