eBay 1977 FJ40. Fair Price?

a77fj40

well...thats a lot of rust. a 3/4 tub will cost you north of 4 grand without paint and labor. and thats assuming that the tio and cowl are still viable.

i wouldnt pay more than 4 or 5 for that rig. but thats just me. also keep in mind that you would never get that registered in CA if thats where you are.

I will be shocked it he gets bids over 5, even on eBay.

D

mtrdud

I also wouldn't want to pay more than $4-5k for it either but it does have some good points. I believe he will get his price. I'd like to see the frame.

Watch the video he includes on Ebay. At the end he says the vehicle is registered in Idaho, so do your homework if you're considering an offer.

swamp-thing

SILVER Star

I have seen a lot worse.....although it looks like they didn't remove the rear cargo mat before doing some re spraying.... which is always shady - haha

well...thats a lot of rust. a 3/4 tub will cost you north of 4 grand without paint and labor. and thats assuming that the tio and cowl are still viable.

i wouldnt pay more than 4 or 5 for that rig. but thats just me. also keep in mind that you would never get that registered in CA if thats where you are.

I will be shocked it he gets bids over 5, even on eBay.

D
Is it that hard to register a 76 or newer fj40 in California? I'm interested in buying one in that range but curious about getting it registered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Is it that hard to register a 76 or newer fj40 in California? I'm interested in buying one in that range but curious about getting it registered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
How hard depends on the condition of smog equipment. You won't know until you check the rig and then it still needs to pass the test.

a77fj40

Yes it all depends on the smog equipment. I have a 77 that passes smog easily and is registered in CA.

Top Bottom