For Sale **1974 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale- Texas $16,500 ** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Blue
Looking to sell our '74 FJ40. We purchased a few years ago with intentions of rebuilding, however, life has gotten in the way and we have changed directions. Being as transparent as possible, so please don't hesitate to reach out with more questions. The best realization I can give is the pics look great, but its a 30-40 yarder, meaning up close, you can see the flaws. It will need a new paint job (we did not paint it, bought like this), the usual body work (doors are rusted where seals were, some patching needed on tub, its a '74... it will need some body work as any restoration will).... Engine, frame and chassis are in good condition which is mainly why we bought. The following has been done so far or needs to be addressed:

• timing cover gasket needs replaced (gasket in hand)
  • fuel pump is new and carb needs adjusted (it was running fine, will post video, until we changed fuel pump. adjustments needed)
  • emergency break pads and springs replaced
  • oil pan gasket has been replaced
  • door seals removed and have new ones (not installed though)
  • new wire harness in hand
  • complete gasket kit purchased, not installed
  • new blinker assembly installed
Google drive folder with more pics and video: Google Drive: Sign-in - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EX06DQGSgcrp9ZdIprUKeEOIfcCBk5z6?usp=drive_link

This is a project vehicle but its in decent shape. Will work with buyer on shipping if needed. Clean title in hand. Asking $16,500 obo

IMG_8604.jpg
IMG_8592.jpg
IMG_8596.jpg
IMG_8605.jpg
FJ 40 pics and video

Last edited:
does the frame # match the vin plate?
interesting mix of different year parts

does the frame # match the vin plate?
interesting mix of different year parts
Good question… I’ll take a look today and see if I can find anything… where would the frame # be located normally? The visible
Mismatch is likely the doors, not for sure, but just the way they fit looks like the wrong year possibly.

Frame # is front right outside surface of frame rail.. forward of axle.

Good question… I’ll take a look today and see if I can find anything… where would the frame # be located normally? The visible
Mismatch is likely the doors, not for sure, but just the way they fit looks like the wrong year possibly.

it is more than the doors, looks like the entire tub from the firewall back is 1979+, steering wheel and glove box are 1981+
the engine is earlier
does it have a 4 speed?
how about some more pics underneath?
is the gas tank underneath?
side vents are gone in the cowl??

from the looks, my WAG is someone had a rig they couldn't title, found a title from an earlier rig and used that,
or
used an earlier title to get around smog stuff

either way it is parts from different year rigs

Last edited:
Ouch, looks like a Land Cruiser Mart special

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom