For Sale 1974 Apache Tent Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1974 Apache Tent Trailer (CO)

1974 Apache Eagle 400 tent trailer. Lifted five inches over stock. I took the body off a few years ago and built a steel frame box under the body to help protect it. At that time, I gutted the enterior for storage boxes, replaced the plywood on the deck and spraylined the underside. I still have all the hardware to make the boxes that attach to the table (makes a small bed) if desired. I also made a rack in the front that holds a cooler, propane tank and a 5 gallon water jug. The trailer sits about 24 inches at the tongue, can be moved by one person and will go just about anywhere you would want it to. The box is 6x8 and has two queen size beds and a ton of head room.

My father bought this camper off the lot in 1974 and has been in the family ever since. The canvas is thick and in VERY good condition. I have been in the worst of conditions in it from winter blizzards to torrential rain and I have NEVER been wet. This is a solid camper and is a great alternative to a rooftop tent that doubles as a storage trailer when space in the car is limited. We could pack everything we needed in the camper and leave the car comfortable for passengers.

I would prefer to sell locally in Colorado (Trailer is in Denver.) I can post more pics if needed. Asking $1k OBO.
100_4897.jpg
100_4903.jpg
100_4884.jpg

Last edited:
Both beds fold in over one another( in the silver area) leaving the entire bed open (brown area) for storage. About a 1ft tall x 8 ft long.

Last edited:
Thought about it and was even going to go bigger with the tires but then didn't want it to ride rough on the road and didn't want the extra weight. I like that I can manuver this thing around by myself if needed. (I've turned around on one way trails) It's a good sherpa and will go many places if needed.

Apache camper

I was given the same model the other day and am wanting to do the same setup with the lift and larger tires. Can you give me more information on what you did to obtain it as well as the box you built underneath. Did you retain the stock frame or just move the body onto the one you built.

Thanks

SPOA, added leafs and larger tires with a high load rating. Ripped out the old box frame and built a new one with the camper off.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack, but what wheels are those on your 60? Soft 8's? 16" with 33's? Thanks!

I'd probably buy this thing but I am deployed until December. Hope you've sold it by then, but if not I may swing out there.

Holy thread revival, hoping you still get on here.....

Question about the Apache you had - I have the same trailer and looking at a similar lift and new frame but my trailer is in storage 150 miles away so I can’t measure it locally.

Question: after the lift did you have issues with the bed support legs not reaching the ground? If so did you just use blocks under them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom