1973-1978 Steel Cup Holders (factory hardware install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the one with the cigarette lighter in it.
maybe add a USB Port to this years model. With the led light built in.

7CE8F4A4-97AB-4927-833A-81B1E47F7D2F.jpeg

71FBA9DE-2570-4AEE-9830-7B1D62E18BCB.jpeg

These where made before in the past are u the original seller of this design here on mud or somebody else who is running with this same idea. Just curious.
Yeah, I am the guy who used to make them. I got out of it for a while but seems like the interest is back up where I can start up production again.

Last edited:
Finally got around to painting my front dual and two rear cupholders; one standard and one offset. I gotta say my wife and kids are definitely used to having cupholders, so even cruising around town they'll be happy to be able to have a cupholder.

Install on all these was cake, all holes/slots lined up to factory hardware. The front utilizes the factory bolts holding the console on. There's approx an inch clearance still between bottom of cup insert and trans tunnel. For the rear I got one standard and one offset. Both work well with my rear bench seat. My orig jump seats are in storage but I'm thinking they'd be fine.

As for the plastic cupholder inserts, for those that are unfamiliar, there is really only two sizes; the standard size that fits a soda can and then the larger dual stage cupholder, (like these), that has the soda size at the bottom and larger on the top. I put the standard rear cupholder on passenger side and the offset one on driver side. You can see from the pics, it fits different sizes well but the best was I tested my wife's shorty pear shaped, (she wouldn't like that term! :p ), coffee mug and it fits. She has complained in the past it doesn't fit her oem 100 series cupholders.

Definitely happy with these, need to test them out out on the road once I get my power steering done.

My biggest reason for ordering these cupholders was no drilling for sure, and the fact I could paint them and have them kinda look like they belong.

FWIW, I rattle canned with primer and Dupli-Color SS100 from O'reilly.

(EDIT: The rear passenger side I changed because you can tell from pic I needed to mount it under the seatbelt mount itself. You can tell the driver side is the correct placement)

Resized_20210211_222109.jpeg

Resized_20210305_114803.jpeg

Resized_20210305_114903.jpeg

Resized_20210305_114929.jpeg

Nice write up 84Runner!

I will be putting together a batch of 10 front cup holders in bare metal, ready to ship in the next month. I will calculate shipping and put a price accordingly.
Thanks for everyone's interest.

I am definitely interested in one of these. They look slick!
Hopefully you’re getting close to releasing these.

Question: do these work if I have my bench seat? I would like some more pictures of the front cup holders mounted from different angles that show exactly where it is and what it looks like. I don’t have a center console, but I hope they work with the bench seat

MADE IN THE USA!
1973-1978 FJ40 Front Cupholders

This thread is for members to provide feedback on what features they would like in a cup holder or other metal products that directly bolt onto the factory FJ40's.

This cup holder comes in 14 gauge steel, comes with two plastic cup inserts, and installs using the factory bolts to the front of the center console/seat frame support.

Please stay tuned for more pictures, pricing and ordering information.

If you have suggestions of features you would like to see in this cupholder or similar items, please chime in. I will be making my first batch of front cupholders and shipping soon. Previous customers have purchased 12 volt chargers, 1/2" openings for aux light switches and heated seat controls.
I am open to any ideas that would help the MUD community.

View attachment 2558227

View attachment 2558228

View attachment 2558229
Trying to order one, pm box not working...

@Brost If you look at my pics these seats ARE with my bench seat

"They work with 78 jump seats and they work with my bestop bench seat too"

Was referring to the older style front bench seats… @84runner

I'll take a front cup holder for a '78 if there are any unspoken for. Been thinking about these for 6 months.

Thanks everyone. I have an updated model and pricing sheet. Please check this out and send me a message if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom