Wanted 1972 FJ40 Steel Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for some stock 15 inch steelies for a 1972 FJ40. Don’t have to be perfect, pickup in UT would be ideal
Just beware, you can buy new ones from Toyota for what most people ask for them used. Toyota has sales throughout the year, black friday sale is coming up. You can order online through pretty much any Toyota dealership and get free shipping, and pay no sales tax. I know the price of the steelies has gone up, but you should be able to get (4) brand new steelies WITH new hubcaps shipped to your house for under $500 right from Toyota. Now, if you're looking for the patina, I get that.

Here is a link to a post where you should be able to get a good deal on new wheels straight from toyota. 20% off sale on parts, ends tomorrow according to the post.

Not mine, and not exactly what you asked for.

Just beware, you can buy new ones from Toyota for what most people ask for them used. Toyota has sales throughout the year, black friday sale is coming up. You can order online through pretty much any Toyota dealership and get free shipping, and pay no sales tax. I know the price of the steelies has gone up, but you should be able to get (4) brand new steelies WITH new hubcaps shipped to your house for under $500 right from Toyota. Now, if you're looking for the patina, I get that.

Here is a link to a post where you should be able to get a good deal on new wheels straight from toyota. 20% off sale on parts, ends tomorrow according to the post.

Thanks, just typed in the part numbers and you were right. $511 shipped for 4 wheels and 4 hubcaps. Best price I have been able to come across.

I am looking for some patina but this price is hard to beat!

Thanks, just typed in the part numbers and you were right. $511 shipped for 4 wheels and 4 hubcaps. Best price I have been able to come across.

I am looking for some patina but this price is hard to beat!
Also note the ones from Toyota are black primed and will fade pretty quick in use, so plan to paint them. Lots of folks have good success just scuffing and rattle canning them. When you look into powdercoating, they get really expensive, as you pay almost as much for powder coating as you did for the wheel.

yep I just grinded (ground?) mine, self-etching primer and rattle can paint and they're pretty perfect. Powdercoating was quoted $150/wheel.

yep I just grinded (ground?) mine, self-etching primer and rattle can paint and they're pretty perfect. Powdercoating was quoted $150/wheel.
Have any pics? Its the wife's cruiser, she wants either white or patina.

haven't checked pricing lately, it was $35 a wheel at Les Schwab a few years ago, but they are still doing them. you would need to get current pricing and be in the west or northwest of the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom