1970 FJ55 “Oscar” is a Film Star (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
garagegrocer.com
Hi everyone, it’s been too long since we gave everyone an update on Oscar. Here he is in all his movie star glory!

Dry Land Distillers FJ55 “Oscar”

I credit an enormous amount of folks from this forum for helping to bring a Oscar back from the ledge. He was headed to the scrap yard when we winched him out of the field just east of Longmont Colorado. Believe it or not, we are only the third owner. He was bought new in Boulder in 1970, and after the original owner passed away, his neighbors inherited him. They used it on the farm until it was hit by a grain truck and abandoned in the field. 8 years stuck in the field, literally buried past the top of the tires.
He’s far from perfect, but we are out almost every weekend fly fishing or hauling grain. A fitting role! To everyone out there who has a pig in their yard rusting away - don’t give up! These things are a piece of history, and each one has a story worth saving. Stay safe, and keep the faith in the iron!

Comin' to ya on a dusty road
Wheat whiskey, I got a truck load
And when you get it you got something
So don't worry cause I'm coming...

Iron pigs, man!

DFB2B175-4F85-4D51-942C-9F46D6E7CBB7.png

This is great! Where can I pick up a bottle?

I was going to order a case of each of their whiskey when I seen they deliver but unfortunately they won't deliver to Idaho.
Might need to come up with another plan to get some up here.

I was going to order a case of each of their whiskey when I seen they deliver but unfortunately they won't deliver to Idaho.
Might need to come up with another plan to get some up here.
Road trip! :steer:

Some of us a little closer (who remember the days when smuggling Coors to outlying states was a profitable college days venture) might be able to help you out. Don't get over to the Front Range much anymore but could look in the local stores or have it shipped here first.
You already out of the Telluride and Palisade whiskeys?

Some of us a little closer (who remember the days when smuggling Coors to outlying states was a profitable college days venture) might be able to help you out. Don't get over to the Front Range much anymore but could look in the local stores or have it shipped here first.
You already out of the Telluride and Palisade whiskeys?

Maybe we could arrange for a relay run?

My green & white Pig drives down to Longmont to get liquor from another green & white and then up to the high country to meet you in your green & white.
Then you drive to Idaho and give it to @J Mack in his blue...

Wait, that doesn't work.

@J Mack will have to start painting now - pink & white.

Maybe we could arrange for a relay run?

My green & white Pig drives down to Longmont to get liquor from another green & white and then up to the high country to meet you in your green & white.
Then you drive to Idaho and give it to @J Mack in his blue...

Wait, that doesn't work.

@J Mack will have to start painting now - pink & white.
i will take on leg of trip, but my pig only goes 55-60, might have to get a motel one night-might need to lock up contrband

or one of our pig brothers help another brother out and ship to us, we would be very grateful, parts needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom