Builds 1969 FJ55 Patina Piggy... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The steering wheel center cap cleaned up real purty!

016steeringcenter.jpg

One piece at a time.
@Honger Honger is posting the pics to the dash gauge mount. The plastic is pretty pliable, but has separated from the metal base. What do you all recommend for an adhesive that stands up to heat and cold of a vehicle? I saw adds for Automotive Goop, any ideas?

So he's cleaned up the gauge surround from the dash...

017gaugefront.jpg

018gaugeback.jpg

As asked above... any thoughts on an adhesive to get the vinyl material to re-adhere to the metal carcass?

Some update...

We ordered floor pans from @bobm, we've ordered the galvanealed rockers from @IPOR, that should take care of most of our rotten underbelly...

I reached out to a few folks for drivetrain/motor prospects. One person was @2fpower... he just seemed like the kinda guy who'd have a few things handy given his multiple projects and little odds and ends I've seen floating around in the background of his builds.

As luck would have it he had access to a rolling FJ40 chassis setup with disk brakes, power steering, and a 3FE.
019chassisand3fe.jpg

That would have taken care of all of our drivetrain woes except that, for some reason, the 3FE wasn't turning for him. My dad went ahead and grabbed the whole setup anyway and he pointed us to a known-to-run 2F as well. Maybe we can pull off a 2FE setup.
020twof.jpeg

Dad grabbed the chassis with 3FE as well as the 2F long block assembly and brought them home to dig in... he quickly found the reason the 3FE wouldn't turn. He's not yet convinced the 3FE is done... may just need cleaning up and a few replacements. Verdict is still out...
021valverocker.jpg

022pushrodarea.jpg

Here's the roller with the engine/trans pulled...
023pulled.jpg

Chassis will be for sale at some point. Solid chassis with a mini-truck power steering box pedestal already in place. Has a VIN. Located in Topeka, KS.
024vin.jpg

Must have been a thing back in the day. Two of the Pigs that passed through here over the years had those jerry can holders, one bolted to a rear quarter panel and the other to the tailgate. Still have one of ‘em on the shelf if you want a matching pair.

Must have been a thing back in the day. Two of the Pigs that passed through here over the years had those jerry can holders, one bolted to a rear quarter panel and the other to the tailgate. Still have one of ‘em on the shelf if you want a matching pair.

We've actually got one on each side of the truck, but thanks!
What we really need are some well-weathered jerry cans...

We've actually got one on each side of the truck, but thanks!
What we really need are some well-weathered jerry cans...
Happen to have a couple that’d be perfect!

Some update...

We ordered floor pans from @bobm, we've ordered the galvanealed rockers from @IPOR, that should take care of most of our rotten underbelly...

I reached out to a few folks for drivetrain/motor prospects. One person was @2fpower... he just seemed like the kinda guy who'd have a few things handy given his multiple projects and little odds and ends I've seen floating around in the background of his builds.

As luck would have it he had access to a rolling FJ40 chassis setup with disk brakes, power steering, and a 3FE.
019chassisand3fe.jpg

That would have taken care of all of our drivetrain woes except that, for some reason, the 3FE wasn't turning for him. My dad went ahead and grabbed the whole setup anyway and he pointed us to a known-to-run 2F as well. Maybe we can pull off a 2FE setup.
020twof.jpeg

Dad grabbed the chassis with 3FE as well as the 2F long block assembly and brought them home to dig in... he quickly found the reason the 3FE wouldn't turn. He's not yet convinced the 3FE is done... may just need cleaning up and a few replacements. Verdict is still out...
021valverocker.jpg

022pushrodarea.jpg

Here's the roller with the engine/trans pulled...
023pulled.jpg

Chassis will be for sale at some point. Solid chassis with a mini-truck power steering box pedestal already in place. Has a VIN. Located in Topeka, KS.
024vin.jpg

Any updates?

That 3FE needs some love!

Is this baby gone in the wind or have you parted it out?
I still have most of it. It’s my personal giving tree for my 73. What parts are you looking for?

I still have most of it. It’s my personal giving tree for my 73. What parts are you looking for?
In an attempt to maintain the Petina look of my piggy, looking for the fender turn signals, grill running lights, rear stop light lenses from a car like yours. Have your dash, and gauge cluster all weathered, cracked, and shrunken?

Deal with nvrlose54 first. If not available from him I have a couple of weathered and pre-cracked (but both in one piece) front fender signal lenses and a well weathered gauge bezel with gauges.

In an attempt to maintain the Petina look of my piggy, looking for the fender turn signals, grill running lights, rear stop light lenses from a car like yours. Have your dash, and gauge cluster all weathered, cracked, and shrunken?
Sorry those parts were some of the first to be robbed off. Yes the pig dash are almost always trashed, you can buy a plastic cover that slips over said dash. The ones I’ve used fit nice and snug. As for the gauge cluster you may can come across a nice one off a parts rig, I remember seeing were someone/company was 3D printing one that looked very nice.

Just saw this.

Deal with nvrlose54 first. If not available from him I have a couple of weathered and pre-cracked (but both in one piece) front fender signal lenses and a well weathered gauge bezel with gauges.
Seems nvrlose54 used his signals up already. Are your front signals intact and useable/repairable? Do you have rear tail light lenses or assys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom