1967 FJ45LV Rolling chassis & partial body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. It's been a while since I've posted on this forum but I wanted to get this out there. My brother has a 1967 FJ45LV that he acquired a few years ago and wanted to custom restore. He's decided he's just not going to get to it. I'll do my best to detail what it is.

No motor but the tranny and xfer case are in it. Frame is surface rusted but no rot. Body panels from the rear tires to the front are complete and in good shape (a few dings and dents). Rot claimed the back part and he'd cut that all out. Floor is gone. Hood is ready for primer and is perfect including the hood ornament. Front fenders are pre-primed so they won't rust, dents and dings haven't been repaired. Roof has been repaired. All the doors are there as is the grill.

He just wants it gone. If there's someone willing to get a flatbed out to South Central Idaho you can have it if you take it all. Please call Rick at 208-431-5054.

I hope it's OK to put this here, not trying to make a buck, we just want the opportunity to preserve this rare beast if anyone's willing to grab it.

Thanks.

Some pics

IMG951059.jpg

IMG951061.jpg

IMG951064.jpg

IMG951058.jpg

So what is the asking price? We will be up there in August. My son is starting at BSU next year. :princess: wouldn't be happy though!

I'll take it. Is it too late to call now? I can make arrangements to have it picked up in 30 days.

Oh man.... finally getting a wagon! Wahoo!

Thanks for the heads up @3_puppies , looks like I'm too late...which is okay, I'm trying to down size, not add another.

Whew! I could be up there tomorrow to fetch it. I'm sort of glad I missed it. I need to stay focused on my one project. If anything falls through let me know and I'll come right away.

Whew! I could be up there tomorrow to fetch it. I'm sort of glad I missed it. I need to stay focused on my one project. If anything falls through let me know and I'll come right away.

Ha ha... my wife wants me to finish the kitchen & BJ42 over the summer. Doubt I'll get to working on this till the fall. If I can blast the frame & POR15 coat it before winter I'll be happy.

I'm looking for a 1-way flight or Greyhound, then UHaul it to the east coast.

Ha ha... my wife wants me to finish the kitchen & BJ42 over the summer. Doubt I'll get to working on this till the fall. If I can blast the frame & POR15 coat it before winter I'll be happy.

I'm looking for a 1-way flight or Greyhound, then UHaul it to the east coast.

Stop by on your way. Get a flight. Greyhound would take like 10 days to get to ID from MD. Seriously, you'd end up missing a transfer somewhere (probably more than once) and be getting friendly with the bus people in the terminals.

@ginericLC Thanks for the heads up... don't want to get stuck at a Greyhound station. I've shipped a few items via Greyhound. I hate getting stuck at the airport when I miss a connection. I can only imagine how much suck that would be at a bus terminal.

Via Greyhound would take three transfers & a couple days... I think I have some airline miles on a credit card I need to look into.

Last edited:
Planning the trip out... As I'm heading back to the east coast, is there anyone that wants the original transmission, bell housing, PTO, etc? My plans are to throw a 3B with a 4-speed/split case. So, the other stuff isn't much use to me. Price: Free if you can meet me along the way. My return trip starts in Burley, ID and ends in Falls Church, VA.

I'm just looking to pass on the love. Spoke to Rick and he mentioned he could provide some support during pickup/loading. I've already made arrangements to drop off the frame at the sand blaster when I get back.

Last edited:
Just an fyi, that pto box on the transfer case is not oem. It's probably a Ramsey. Still worth something to somebody though.

I look forward to seeing more on this wagon.

Thanks for pointing that out. I figured someone would want it to toy around with. I haven't tinkered with the Ramsey PTO's. I personally like the way the Toyota PTO's are attached to the transfer cases.

Flying into Salt Lake City on Friday morning. Grabbing a U-Haul and driving up to ID that afternoon to pick up the wagon. The body isn't on the frame. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding temporarily mounting the body to the frame? Can I cut up some wooden blocks... hockey pucks to bolt this into place. Any suggestions on something quick & temporary to get this home would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom