Builds 1967 Fj45LV Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Progress

I have had this wagon a little over a year now,and again I am very lucky to find one with minimal rust issues. Every time I look at MERBESFIELDS thread i am amazed by his talent and patience to bring his wagon back to life. Again I got lucky. So after about 60 lbs of aluminum oxide in the blast cabinet,about 50 to 60 rattle cans of primer and gloss black,and Zero Rust I have managed to restore everything that unbolts from the wagon. About 97% of the parts are the ones that it came with,even the nuts and bolts. The body I sent out to get painted,and as of last week it has its second coat of primer on it (anything bigger than a tranny hump would not look well if i painted it),so soon I will have a place to put all the shiny newish parts that I have been working on.
IMG_2128.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

Last edited:
Some gold and silver. I didnt take a before pic of the jack.I sure most people know what it looked like before.
IMG_2113.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2374.JPG

At first I thought how can he do a resto job working outside in the elements? You are proving it doesn't matter where you choose to do it. Great color choice, very clean & top notch! :cool:

Most of this project has been done outside,but with winter coming i was able to make room in a storage/work shed to work on it.I still have my High Tech Gravel Floor,great for floor jacks,lost nuts, and is a great back scratcher :). Most of the engine compartment is back together,still have to do the brakes,exhaust,and random hoses.The rear is 98% done, my tail light gaskets were in ok condition,but i replaced them with the ones I got from Steve at Owens Export.
IMG_2672.JPG
IMG_2673.JPG
IMG_2678.JPG

Last edited:
So im mostly done,about 98%.I got i got it running just in time for us to have to move,so im waiting to finish my shop before its 100% done.Going back to the beginning of summer i finished,brakes,hoses,figuring out window rubber ,(with help).FJ40 rubber all the way around,since the late 67 wagon has a taller windshield i had to use two 40 windshield weatherstripping.So 5 all together to do all fixed windows.Door window felt and outer rubber (sweep???)i got at JC Whitney.The door hing rubber from Arthog worked great.Here are some pics.
IMG_3064.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom