Builds 1967 Fj45LV Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cleaned up the leaf springs and axles,getting them ready for the frame.The axles i used were off a FJ40 so I had to add the sway bar mounts on the rear axle.Both drain holes had to be repaired.the PO had hit some rocks and smashed the protection lip that surrounds the drain plug into the plug.So there was no way to remove the plug.Fixed that,sand blasted,then painted.
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg

Last edited:
Are you keeping the drums and ball and claw axle stuff up front? I did a disc conversion on mine.

Are you keeping the drums and ball and claw axle stuff up front? I did a disc conversion on mine.
Yes,drums all the way around,the axles I used were off of a 68 FJ40,so its the upgraded axle.Disc brakes might be in its future,but for now it will be as stock as i can get it.

Yes,drums all the way around,the axles I used were off of a 68 FJ40,so its the upgraded axle.Disc brakes might be in its future,but for now it will be as stock as i can get it.

would change the schocks, go Bilstein BILSTEIN
& paint them black... looks more stock ;)
Cheers
Peter

I got the frame back from sandblast/powder coating.It came out looking great,to bad most of it will be hidden.I did a 2.5 inch shackle lift,might switch to a spring lift later on as I do the build??
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

What tires are you running? I hope to be running 31x10.5x15 on the stock rims and no lift on my LV. Right now there are 32"x11.5x15 under it and it looks real tight. Granted the body is not correctly aligned yet and the body mounts are not there yet. I just hope that the 31's will be fine.

What tires are you running? I hope to be running 31x10.5x15 on the stock rims and no lift on my LV. Right now there are 32"x11.5x15 under it and it looks real tight. Granted the body is not correctly aligned yet and the body mounts are not there yet. I just hope that the 31's will be fine.
Probably going use BFG Mud terrain, 31x10.5x15 on stock rims.

heater and blower boxes

I got my blast cabinet working so I cleaned up the blower and heater box. Both were in good condition,a little surface rust,and some engine gunk.I also cleaned up some other heater boxes that I have. During that process I realized that 45 LV's had their own style heater box. The other boxes that I have are from the same year LWB.No big differences,reversed vents in front, and the two main vents divided into four holes (kind of). This was new to me so I thought I would share it.(i am also not 100% that this is true,both my lv heaters were different than the one in my truck)
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG

Looking good. Keep the pics coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom