1967 FJ40 Rear Corner Window Rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first post. Actually my second. I posted this is the regular forum section and decided it may belong in this section. I am in the process of purchasing a 67 fj40 that needs some help. I've been doing some preliminary searches for parts, etc. One of the things that I will want to do is replace all the window rubber. I couldn't seem to find a source for the rear corner window rubber for a 67. I would appreciate any help in sourcing the parts or learning of other methods of replacing the rubber for the 67,

Thanks

If you replace the glass with the later type, then you can use the later weatherstrip that is still available.

Part #s for the glass:
62712-90301 RH
62713-90301 LH
These are fairly inexpensive, around $41 per side.

Last edited:
That's not too bad. Thx. It seems a shame to discard perfectly good windows but if that's what it takes will do. Thanks again.

Just went through this with #2 '74 with an earlier body (pre 72) mounted on the frame. The windows are smaller on the earlier tops and they also use a two piece gasket with locking strip unlike the post 72 hard top. If you only need gaskets for the corner windows I have enough left over from replacing all my window gaskets to set you up with what i have over from the 50' roll of gasket that I bought to install the windows...
HTH,
Will

Doesn't SOR offer something?

I have not checked sor. I am curious about the pieces of 50 ft roll. Is this the same seal design as the original but you were able to get it in a 50 ft roll? Maybe we can visit more tomorrow.

That is great information. I am going to have to do all the window rubber so I will go ahead and buy enough for the total job. I really do appreciate the offer for the corner windows and very much thank you for pointing me to the thread.

Thank you for your help. I need to do all of the windows so I think I will go ahead and buy a roll of the weatherstripping. I do appreciate the offer for the corner windows and I really appreciate your directing me to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom