For Sale 1967 FJ40 13,500 miles Near all original Ft. Worth, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1 IMG_8303.jpg
1 IMG_8303.jpg
$25,000 or BEST OFFER

Call or Text Dane at 817-307-5065 or email of 1973fj40@att.net

There are a ton of pics posted at https://1967fj40.shutterfly.com/pictures

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL

SURVIVOR. UNMOLESTED UNRESTORED

NUMBERS MATCHING

NEARLY ALL ORIGINAL INCLUDING MOST OF THE PAINT

UNDOCUMENTED AT JUST UNDER 13,500 MILES

STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS AND DRIVES WELL

CLEAR AND CLEAN TEXAS TITLE

This Land Cruiser is extremely rare because of the near-all-original condition it is in and the incredibly low mileage.

This vehicle was purchased by the original owner to be used to take their boat from their lake house to the lake and back. That is primarily all it was used for. The vehicle has been garage kept most of its 48 year life. The original owner passed away and his wife titled it in her name in 1975. Then it sat unused except for an occasional drive for most of the remainder of its lifetime. It was then purchased by a gentleman to restore it in 2013. He did not have time to restore it and I bought it recently to resale it. I am the 4th owner, but only one owner has actually used the truck.

It was purchased new as a soft top truck and has never had a hard top. You can see from the pictures that this vehicle has nothing but interior surface rust. There isNOT ONE PLACE on the vehicle where the rust has even begun to eat through the sheet metal. All sheet metal is original and in fantastic condition. The vehicle starts and runs well. Because it had sat so long, I flushed and changed the engine oil, flushed and changed the radiator fluid, emptied and cleaned the gas tank and all fuel lines. Flushed the brake system. I had to replace brake master cylinder. The carburetor was rebuilt by the previous owner. Transmission, transfer case, rear and front differential function smoothly. The gauges all work, lights work. The seats function well. The hinges all work well. Spare tire carrier and rear tailgate all work well. Due to the age of the tires, they will need to be replaced.

This is the perfect vehicle for a collector to clean up and finish it as a survivor or to restore. You will not find an original 1967 Land Cruiser with better bones than this truck. It is absolutely amazing. Just look at the pictures. It is a time capsule.

Cool truck and very original.... Not sure if you'll get 25k.

You may want to flip the bezel

I love the old stuff.... Early to about 71.

The truck you have is beautiful... To me at least. It'll cost a lot of money to get things fixed and replaced due to being original. I'd put new rubber under her, make sure the brakes halfway work, and drive as is.
The newer FJs 79-83 bring the money you're asking. I honestly think you might get half of what you're asking. No offense.

Do you have it on eBay?

I am with Daniel on this one, It is a nice mostly original 40 with what appears to be a very solid body, but it really isn't a true "survivor" and I think that is going to hurt your price. The missing Factory soft top and bows is a big minus and the respray/overspray on the fenders and interior kind of kills the survivor vibe. None the less I think it would be a great starting point for some one's restoration or just drive and enjoy as is.

Realistically I'd put the price in the 8-10k range maybe more if you can find the right buyer.

Good luck with the sell and I hope she finds a good home :beer:

I love the old stuff.... Early to about 71.

The truck you have is beautiful... To me at least. It'll cost a lot of money to get things fixed and replaced due to being original. I'd put new rubber under her, make sure the brakes halfway work, and drive as is.
The newer FJs 79-83 bring the money you're asking. I honestly think you might get half of what you're asking. No offense.

Do you have it on eBay?
I bought it to flip it. Brakes have been flushed and Master Cylinder replaced with OEM cylinder. It starts and drives great. I ma hoping to find the right person that appreciates the survivor value this truck has.

I bought it to flip it. Brakes have been flushed and Master Cylinder replaced with OEM cylinder. It starts and drives great. I ma hoping to find the right person that appreciates the survivor value this truck has.
I am with Daniel on this one, It is a nice mostly original 40 with what appears to be a very solid body, but it really isn't a true "survivor" and I think that is going to hurt your price. The missing Factory soft top and bows is a big minus and the respray/overspray on the fenders and interior kind of kills the survivor vibe. None the less I think it would be a great starting point for some one's restoration or just drive and enjoy as is.

Realistically I'd put the price in the 8-10k range maybe more if you can find the right buyer.

Thanks!

I'm with Daniel, 10-12K is about right. Here's a similar truck that sold on eBay last month that is in someways better / worse that than your. It had a little rust on the sill but the remainder was rust free with it's original paint intact. We're getting into the holiday season so you never know which way things will go. GLWS

Toyota : Land Cruiser FJ40

Also, for 25K you can pretty much buy one already restored.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about "flipping" Land Cruisers strictly for a profit. Nothing wrong with making a little IF you get it running and driving well. But if you paid 4 or 5 grand changed a master cylinder, called it a day, now you're asking an astronomical / unrealistic amount for it? These have increased in value lately. However, I'm seeing pieces of sh;t with price tags that are just thrown out there lately.

Not sure how I feel about "flipping" Land Cruisers strictly for a profit. Nothing wrong with making a little IF you get it running and driving well. But if you paid 4 or 5 grand changed a master cylinder, called it a day, now you're asking an astronomical / unrealistic amount for it? These have increased in value lately. However, I'm seeing pieces of sh;t with price tags that are just thrown out there lately.

Yeah, what he said!

JP, if you watch one of the two old land cruiser commercials from the 60's, this top is exactly what's on one of the forties. Wonder if was a dealer option vs the oem soft tops offered by Toyota?

I didn't post it here to argue with a bunch of people. I am just hoping to find some one that appreciates its unmolested state and may keep it that way. If you saw the truck, you would know the 13k is for real. After flushing brakes, cooling system, fuel tank and lines, etc. this truck runs great. Starts right up, tight steering, good brakes, most everything works the way it should. It's a great vehicle. Near impossible to find one this original. I am not looking to make a fortune off it and hope that the right person finds it and keeps it near like it is.

Not sure anyone is actually arguing with you.... just suggesting actual mileage seems a bit of a stretch & price is pretty high....
I suppose mentioning that you're purely flipping this truck, and wondering what all of us are willing to pay to appreciate it's rareness.... may be a bit much, it's posted on ebay so that will get you the market price.

Last edited:
I didn't post it here to argue with a bunch of people. I am just hoping to find some one that appreciates its unmolested state and may keep it that way. If you saw the truck, you would know the 13k is for real. After flushing brakes, cooling system, fuel tank and lines, etc. this truck runs great. Starts right up, tight steering, good brakes, most everything works the way it should. It's a great vehicle. Near impossible to find one this original. I am not looking to make a fortune off it and hope that the right person finds it and keeps it near like it is.
I appreciate its unmolested state. What I don't appreciate is people trying to flip vehicles. You obviously do not appreciate its unmolested state and you are trying to make a fortune (as much as you can get) off of it.

Trying not to be a dick... But get real. Also, you came to a website where passionate members are going to call out those who pose as innocent inquiries.

Here's a suggestion. Put it on eBay with no reserve starting at $500. Inject the claim of 13k miles. And then let the market pay what they'll pay. I can promise you it'll be a hell of a lot more than the trained eye of this forum.

looks like a Kayline to me. Not OEM.

who knows, it could be 13,000 on it, I see somethings that could make be buy that, but others that make me think its 113K.

I hate flippers, but for some reason when I call someone one out for it.......everyone gets all pissy, like that one douche that restored the early 40, said he was keeping it(about 30 pages on the resto), then sold it for supposedly 90K......guy was an ass and I stand by that today, but everyone else thought he was just the best guy around.

anymore......screw it, best of luck and I hope you get your asking price.

JP, if you watch one of the two old land cruiser commercials from the 60's, this top is exactly what's on one of the forties. Wonder if was a dealer option vs the oem soft tops offered by Toyota?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom