1965 FJ45LV #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After getting a tip from a friend of a friend, I was in touch with a fellow who was clearing off some property that had some vintage 4x4 iron stored there. I headed out last Saturday and ended up buying a 1965 FJ45LV and a 1969 Jeepster. It was a good day.
I got them both home and sold the Jeepster to a friend the next day. I am keeping the LV (for now). I am removing all the PO mods and cleaning it up a bit. It's got a SBC conversion and was last registered in 2011. I don't think it will take much to get it running. The electrical system is the worst I have seen and the paint and some bondo is flaking off in huge chunks. Overall it is pretty solid. Probably better than my current LV. Here's what I started with.
PART_1459047284424_20160326_162658.jpg
PART_1459047708630_20160326_115552.jpg

Looks like a great starting point always wanted an Lv and a jeepster

Very Cool. Its the old projects that are the coolest and its always fun finding hidden treasures inside. Looking forward to seeing more pics

Looks like it's running an auto? Nice truck. Looks solid.

cool. What other 4x4's did the guy have?

and how come it seems like everyone else's scores come with the PTO winches? I've never found one

They just had the LV and Jeepster. As far as the PTO goes, I will be pulling it off the wagon and selling it separately.

I think the hunt / find is some of the most fun. Then discovering all the goodies inside is always fun too.

Nice find! Funny how a lot of LV's have just been funkified! Just cleaning it out makes an improvement.

Are you going to keep the 350 or go back to stock ? Great find. I have a 1965 FJ45 lpb and found a rare cassette from the beatles in mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom