SOLD 1965 fj40 california (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
White
1965 fj40 dry california native. Has been off the road since 1987! This 65 was pretty much untouched except for a sbc swap early on sometime in the 70’s. It was completely disassembled headed for a rock crawler build! Luckily the owner lost interest and I was able to save it. The top, doors, and seats were tossed? So I have turned it into a fst with oem bows, oem doors( excellent condition)and an nos ocd top that was made about 10 years ago and never unwrapped( plastic protection on the windows still( it is like new and one of the best reproductions) I have sourced a drivers seat, it is missing the pass bench and rear jump seats. I also sourced a good 74 f engine w 4spd trans/ transfer, will include the original 3pd as well. The engine looks to have been rebuilt( grey block and head, valve train is immaculate, does run pouring gas down the carb, but cannot guarantee as I dont know for sure. Now to be clear, this is a project! It is only loosely bolted together and needs alot of final assembly. I spent hours drilling and removing all the broken bolts, tapping, and using new hardware. What you see is an outstanding candidate for a patina build, as it is 98% rust free and original paint! This is more time than money, as everything is there to assemble down to the original harness, all the dash lights, switches, knobs, tnk wipers, rearview mirror, elephant horns, rear step, FD knob, 4wd controls, rk3 original spare, tin cup masters,hub caps, etc! The only issues are a hole in the firewall( it had mechanical clutch linkage!) a hole cut in the floor board for transfercase clearance ( sbc swap) and a small rust through on the rear sil by the spare tire mount. Frame is great as well, this was always in the California valley so its dry as can be. I have the original title signed by the original owner! ( long out of the California Dmv, so will need a vin verification for california buyers. Asking $9500 I can assist loading for transport( remember it does not run and has no brakes) so keep that in mind when looking for transport.

69AA433D-8082-4519-9171-008599D336C4.jpeg

5C6D454C-4B91-49F4-9606-0BA72ABE287D.jpeg

32E794D4-1FF9-4193-88DA-320220220EFC.jpeg

992DB294-0DFB-42B1-8F87-7C6D1E00D30F.jpeg

A0D09A63-FADD-42FA-82BD-3B9F3FD9B73C.jpeg

Last edited:
Super sweet California beauty right there. Awesome collection of period correct bits too, that is a really good deal. Wish I didn't already have so many projects going...

I have seen this 40 in person. This is an honest original representation from a great seller.

I would have no hesitation purchasing a 40 from Brian sight unseen. I live in VA and did exactly that. I purchased a ‘67 FJ-45 sight unseen back in 2021 from Brian. When I drove out to CA and picked it up it was exactly as described.

GLWS!

Original white truck, or is there blue peeking through? Can you tell if factory paint or is has it been re-sprayed white?

Awesome rig, GLWS! I think I recognize those doors 😉

Brian, what else do you have sitting around in those photos? Nice collection.

Super nice rig!

Brian, what else do you have sitting around in those photos? Nice collection.
The hoard! Almost as bad as me! :D
Seriously though, Where do you find this stuff?? Get off CL!!! :rofl:

When it’s yours it’s worth more that $9999. 😂 sorry had to.

Cool rig. Glad you saved it and GLWS. Should bring what your are asking.

ABC5C328-8E41-4136-A5A1-FEE4BA028A9F.png

I am definitely not a dreamer! If something doesn’t sell, its too high for the market, that being said, this is open to offers! I have way too many rigs and need to move some projects! Open to very reasonable offers, want someone here on mud to finish this project!

Saw this on CL. Wondered who in the world the seller could be, but thought it could be Brian. That's confirmed, now the question is, why? Everything OK? Not like you to pass up such an opportunity.
Is this the point where we all just back away to let you get some air and reconsider this rash decision to sell such a cool project?
Too many projects? WTF, is there a big asteroid due next week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom