1962 FJ 40 D'animal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the bib I had planned to use. You notice there is no place to bolt Toyota in the grill. Stamped LAND CRUISER bezels didn't have Toyota in the grill
IMG_1428.JPG

hey dan...i have my original 2/3 bench and low back bucket from my old 66... sitting in my garage...you could get em...let me know...

james

MBradshaw did a great job on that.

So should I be looking for bumperettes?

I noticed he has the exact same heater that I have.

HudyHue posted that he has the factory seats from a 1966. Would those be correct?

Yes, on the bumperettes...and they need to be painted the same color as the Cruiser. CDan still has them.

I noticed a few older Cruisers had this heater...not mine:frown:

The factory seats from a 1966 would be a great substitute, but they would not be 100% correct for a true restoration.

These are copies of an old Cruiser ad that I found somewhere on line. It is for a '61, but close enough to your '62 to be relevant.
1961_LC_Brochure-02.jpg
1961_LC_Brochure-03.jpg

The red one on the bottom left does not have the bumpers on the hood, nor does mine. There are no holes for them.

The green one in the top left has the front FJ 25 rounded corner bumper as well as the white one in the bottom left. MBradshaw's rig has the squared off bumper so does the one pictured in #64. Would either be correct?

Hard Top models did not have the bumpers on the hood, Soft Top models did, so yours was a hard top. I think it was this way till '65-'66 ??

They should all have the FJ25 front bumper, including yours and MBradshaw's. To my understanding, they would have been fazed out around the '63 model...and they are true unobtanium :frown: The good news is that I sent Oscar a set of drawings Jim had made off a true 25 front bumper, and he should be working at reproducing them as we speak :) Maybe I should drop him an e-mail to see how it is going...

Also, your doors should have the sliding windows, like MBradshaw's...again, very rare, but they are out there to be found.

Peter

Great Brochure!

It has the FJ40 on top but the bottom pics are of the FJ 25? I was looking at the door opening. Did they make early FJ40's like that?

That is my favorite FJ40 picture...and what I think of when mine will be completed (except my daughter wants it Horizon Blue...which is cool with me :)

Those are all FJ40 pictures. The Soft Top had those door openings until '63-'64, but I am not 100% sure when they made the switch...I say '64, cause Dan your '64 tub is a Soft top model, and it has the square door openings.

Dan, I believe this is also the correct color for your '62...even your dual-"lensed" turn signals you have in that box are this color which matches your body...very cool!!!

Right about the the hood non having the windshield bumper but the front bumper was a 61 thing. There are side brackets on the end of the frame for the bumper on 62s. That 25 bumper does not mount the same way. So I'm not sure if all 61s had the rounded bumper, I think they did. Cruiser_Nerd parted a 62 and it had crank windows. The side intake for fresh air on the apron, large gas cap were only part of 61. The douple arms of the back jumps were a 61 thing too. But these were different because the side arms are lower. On the 25s the side arms are tall. That bib in the picture is off a 61. I got the rest of the rare parts except the bumper with that one. The bezel came off of another 61 that I picked up yaers ago. It was mailed to me for free including the shipping.:bounce:

Anybody know the color of that green one? That's the colort I would like to paint my early soft top.

Anybody know the color of that green one? That's the colort I would like to paint my early soft top.

That is a great question...many people would like to know. I think JP might have had some luck, but I am not sure. Since no one can find the code, why not try and scan a picture to try and get some paint mixed as close as possible??

A few more silly questions.

The Motor Trend is June 1963.

Look at the bottom left picture on the page just to the right of the cover.

It shows a conventional roll up window, not the pull up window. Also, it looks like he is opening a hatch on the door itself. What am I seeing?

I'm glad you guys brought up paint codes.

Is there a way to tell what the factory color code was using the frame # or any other number on the rig?

I really like the new look but mine has original paint and I'm torn between doing what MBradshaw did or keeping it original. The hardtop I found is Green. I'll post pictures after I see it tonight.

Originally Posted by Living in the Past

That is a great question...many people would like to know. I think JP might have had some luck, but I am not sure. Since no one can find the code, why not try and scan a picture to try and get some paint mixed as close as possible??

Codes Toyota used in 64-67 (not special Landcruiser), don`t know if you can find that green ;)
try it :)
1964toyotapg01u.jpg

ColorLibrary.com ColorChip Search
Cheers
Peter

[SIZE=+3]1963 Toyota LandCruiser
[/SIZE]Models available :
  • FJ40 soft top
  • FJ40 hard top
  • FJ45 pick up long bed
  • FJ45 pick up short bed
  • FJ45 4 door wagon