1962 FJ 40 D'animal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Open and closed mode.

It has two smaller openings on the side and the wide one in front. Heater lines connect to the back and a wire comes out as well.
DSCF5743.JPG
DSCF5744.JPG

Dan,

Like I said before, how did you convince your wife you needed this one? She was dead set against anymore cruisers on the property, did you thin the herd to make room for this one??

Nice find none the less.

I sold my 1977 FJ 40 and have a committment on the 1968 FJ 40 and will be parting out the 1964 FJ40 shortly. Hoping to Mudship to Cruise Moab.

Dan,

Like I said before, how did you convince your wife you needed this one? She was dead set against anymore cruisers on the property, did you thin the herd to make room for this one??

Nice find none the less.

Did I mention she got a brand new competition size riding arena? It is 100% completed down to the irrigation/dust control. I would like to see some one else pull a 65'x200' piece of flat land out from under thier hat and prep it and get the correct drainage/ slope and the right sand for it in under two weekends. That is one reason the FJ 40.5 is coming along so slow.

The mirror and heater are not stock. I've should an a extra stock mirror. I've got a denso heater and Fox has one. Can't remember but Landpimp might too. Bib lights should be clear. Tail lights are the 64 thru early 69. The tail lights on a the pre 64s are smaller. The list of things that are correct is way longer so it's was easier to list what wasn't correct. Are you going to need a hard top and doors?

Nice cruiser. This was on mud? I guess that's why I don't look in the for sale section to often might find something like this that I couldn't pass up.

Last edited:
Like alot of other years with cruisers 63 had some changes during the year. Your could of had a stamped LAND CRUISER bezel. The transmissiom and transfer also changed during the year. By the looks of it yours has the later three speed. Did it come with a bezel? How about running boards? As far as I know all 63s had the short running boards. Spare tire carrier?

What does the top of the tub look where the hard top fits just behind the door? Does if look like it been cut? 63 I've seen had the high B pillar. Then it ended in 64:confused: The tool box is that of a 63 and earlier 64 had the square tool box.

Last edited:
I have the correct Bezel for it.

I need the shorty running boards, spare tire carrier and seats.

Like alot of other years with cruisers 63 had some changes during the year. Your could of had a stamped LAND CRUISER bezel. The transmissiom and transfer also changed during the year. By the looks of it yours has the later three speed. Did it come with a bezel? How about running boards? As far as I know all 63s had the short running boards. Spare tire carrier?

There should be a pin on the end of the chains. That goes into the hole in the seat base to keep if from slipping out of the bracket. I can post a picture tomorrow. Too late tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom