1962 FJ 40 D'animal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the correct Bezel for it.

I need the shorty running boards, spare tire carrier and seats.

Both stamped and unstamped bezels could be correct for a 63. Which one do you have? Does it have defrost ducts in the windshield? My early 63 hard top one had one but the only side was made for it. I picked that up from John Pardi on a trade a while back.

Probably got some of the stuff you need. When is your next trip to AZ?

Lead spots on the tank is normal for early cruisers. You will notice you have no bumper on the hood and no footman loops in the back doors. That's because this is an early hard top model. Plus you have two locks on the back doors. One on each. That early tub I got only had one on the back doors. Toyota dropped the double lock when they changed the shape of the soft top tub. Only had one on all models and footman loops on both models.

The correct hardtop for this is one with the corregations on the side and the bi-fold door in the back?

That's correct. The 63 and earlier side panels were different to fit over the high B pillar on the tub. The 64 and 65 side panels didn't have the cut out.

The correct hardtop for this is one with the corregations on the side and the bi-fold door in the back?

Thats Cool Dan, and you know what ?? I know a guy that knows a guy that has a top just like that :grinpimp:

Thats Cool Dan, and you know what ?? I know a guy that knows a guy that has a top just like that :grinpimp:

I know a guy who knows a guy who has two of these top plus the spare tire carrier, seats and short running boards:hillbilly:

Over forty-five posts in one tread in less than twelve hours, this has got to be some kind of record for the 25 forum:cool:

Last edited:
It sure is in ALOT better shape than this :cheers:
small_photos 198.jpg
small_photos 196.jpg
small_photos 197.jpg

Dan, looks like it has the short posts, just like mine has (mine is estimated build date end of '63...Sept or Oct), and I had figured that this one would have been built very close to mine...say around July Aug '63. That being said, you will need the early '64 or up to mid '65 hard top, and back bi-fold door (back door with handles, and not just push buttons), but not sure on the roof vent option...I think those were options, so either should be fine.

Dan, we LOVE the pictures, but you are going too fast for the 25 section...my head is spinning :D

Not mine, but a clean corrugated top (thread needed a photo of one till you get yours...what, tomorrow) :cheers:
51c0_3.jpg

Last edited:
So Dean which toolbox do you have? This goes back to the last couple of months of the year are the next years model. That's why yours is a 64. Probably have the later style toolbox. Which means your seats are different too. I picked up a set of 64 seats a fews back. The driver's side doesn't fit the clamps on the front of the seat.

Dean if you draw a line between your house and Rob's about right in the middle is where that yellow one is. A friend of both of ours located it along with a 65. Not worth the drive to get them. Plus I think the guy wanted a grand for them. I'm not giving up the location unless I'm sure the guy doesn't want them.

Opps. I looked at the first post again. This is an early 63 with a 62 production date which means it would of had the stamped bezel for sure. Plus the transmission cover you have in the picture is not correct for yours. I think Rob has a couple of the old ones that he was going to bring to me. You welcome to them. Post a picture of transmission. It might just be this guy was going try and mount that cover on the earlier transmission. This also means the tall B pillars were cut if it has the original tub which I sure it does.

Now I need to check to see if you have an ashtray. My early 63 does but the Tub I got from Georg doesn't. The VINs were only about 500 apart. So I guess the ashtray was added with the 63 model change somewhere around the end of 62.

I love the stories about these cruisers. Original owner has to die before it can be sold. My 45 was the same way. The guy was in a nursing home for eight years before he died. He won't let it go. I have had my 68 for thirty-five years this summer and there is no plan to sell it even though I don't drive it anymore. If my son doesn't growup someone might find a deal on a rust free 68 with under 150K when I die.

Last edited:
Just went out to take a picture. Mine has the square box, plus ashtray.
100_6638 lr.JPG
100_6639 lr.JPG

Dean if you draw a line between your house and Rob's about right in the middle is where that yellow one is. A friend of both of ours located it along with a 65. Not worth the drive to get them. Plus I think the guy wanted a grand for them. I'm not giving up the location unless I'm sure the guy doesn't want them.

Too far for so little. I did find a '65 locally. it has the F135, but the rest is in real bad shape, and I do not know a thing about the engine, so it might just be a total loss. We'll see if he can come down in price.

Interesting if these tall door posts were cut. I have been looking for a very clean '64 tub, and thought this might have been a good deal...price would have been great...oh well, mine is not too bad (still very drivable, but not perfect), so slowly I keep looking.

So then he does need the older top with the high posts, and now he'll need to find a couple posts to weld back on.

It seems the original owner was taking this rig apart to paint it or do something major like restore it. In the glove box is a bundle of pictures of how everything is wired and connected and routed.
DSCF5792.JPG

Dan,

That truck looks really familiar! The angle grinder is your friend. I say cut it and crawl it, make the ole girl feel young again. She is screaming for 1 tons, coil overs and a family cage.:flipoff2:
snotz1 (Medium).jpg
snotz145 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom