For Sale 1961 FJ25 barn find [MN] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just saw this while browsing through my local buyers express. I have no affilition nor have I seen the vehicle. It's about 2 hours from me in Faribault, MN (south of MNPLS). Here's the ad:

1961 Toyota Landcruiser FJ25, 38000 original miles, original condition, always shedded, not driven for several years $7000
507-332-8249

I just thought something as rare as this would be appreciated here.

:popcorn:

Probably not to original but a four speed was the transmission in the FJ25. I believe first gear was 5.41 to 1. But transfer case was only 2WD/4WD, no low range.

Not looking to buy, just interested in seeing some pictures

Just for reference.

I bought the white one in May of 2002 for $5K. Non stock wheels and kayline top. Trail cover came with it. Floors are pretty rough but rust free.

The green one sold in earlier 2010 (not mine) for around $9K. A PTO winch had been added.

I bought another one off Ebay in July 2002 as a parts vehicle for around $2.5K. very stock with a rust floor. Then in the next two year a bought a couple more in the teens. One a runner the second not.

To be honest if someone offered me $9K for my white I would be real tempted to sell but not for anything less.

If pictures show up I hope this will help place a value.
my%20first%20FJ25.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg
49.jpg

You look to be in the right state. You should go look and it and take pictures. Get the VIN if you can. You will find it's a 1960 at the latest. Many weren't sold until 61 or later and were titled the year they sold. Two of mine are titled as 61 but are really 60s.

Post the pictures and VIn here. https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj25-owners-group/272360-count-fj25s.html

its still a ways away from me. but closer to poser I talk to him frequently Ill mention it

a little over an hour from me. 30 minutes for Poser though.

I might go look just because i've never seen an FJ25 in person

If this were an FJ45LV I would be buying it. It appears that it is a Toyota engine and is not as funky as the seller made me think from our phone call. Here is what he emailed me today.
11 30 11 006.jpg
11 30 11 007.jpg
11 30 11 005.jpg

Hard to comment since only the first two pictures loaded on my phone but what I see doesn't look to bad.

Just for my education, what year did the "jeep style" door switch to the squared off doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom