120 Series General Tech and Classified (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, after many conversations, emails and a few phone calls with @wardharris here is a sneak peak of what will soon be available from TT for the 2003-2009 4Runner and GX470 owners.

0309180958a.jpg

I will do a proper unboxing and get more photos this weekend, but I couldnt wait to at least get a peak at Momma's new knickers.

I will link the thread that will accompany this in the main 120 forum when I get that rolling.

Hot damn! What did those damn things cost?

Well I unboxed half the setup to let Erin get a good look at everything.

0311181552a.jpg

This is a full Terrain Tamer pro shock setup with the smart coils up front. The fronts are fully adjustable with remote reservoirs. The reservoirs allow for adjustment of the dampening via this little knob on the end.
0311181601.jpg

I picked up a set of KYB top hats to complete the front install. Got a Metaltech airbag delete kit to go with the new rear coils which are matched with the set of pro rear shocks. The fronts are 40mm lift and I went with a 20mm set of rear springs. If I need to go to the 40mm coils I can. They dont offer a 40mm low load rear coil and I didn't want to sacrifice ride quality for height. I figure with no load the 20mm coils will net closer to the 40mm up front. We will have to play with those as we go.

Honestly looking to net 1.5" to 2" when its all said and done and maintain good DD ride quality.

This week I will be looking to get the fronts assembled and start reading up on the airbag delete.

Well I unboxed half the setup to let Erin get a good look at everything.

View attachment 1651804

This is a full Terrain Tamer pro shock setup with the smart coils up front. The fronts are fully adjustable with remote reservoirs. The reservoirs allow for adjustment of the dampening via this little knob on the end.View attachment 1651815

I picked up a set of KYB top hats to complete the front install. Got a Metaltech airbag delete kit to go with the new rear coils which are matched with the set of pro rear shocks. The fronts are 40mm lift and I went with a 20mm set of rear springs. If I need to go to the 40mm coils I can. They dont offer a 40mm low load rear coil and I didn't want to sacrifice ride quality for height. I figure with no load the 20mm coils will net closer to the 40mm up front. We will have to play with those as we go.

Honestly looking to net 1.5" to 2" when its all said and done and maintain good DD ride quality.

This week I will be looking to get the fronts assembled and start reading up on the airbag delete.
Airbag delete is cake. 30 min tops.

That's an impressive looking suspension. With that setup, are you going to use different upper control arms?

Not planning to. Minimal lift, can't imagine there will be alignment issues. Fingers crossed

More than a gear set for your second case!
You need t-shirts Clutchee? I need more t-shirt orders to fund that little POS buggy.

Evaporator core demo

7C26BB03-C7D1-4273-866D-15C5980ADA29.jpeg

8C64BBB9-2981-4491-B233-AF7B5470FAF2.jpeg

0ABD22E2-6773-46BE-A954-1690867D934D.jpeg

@wct49 @dnp @offr0adlim0

Can any of you confirm or deny that the GX470 requires a Toyota only "gold" fluid for the transfer case? And if not, can you offer an equivalent fluid? i'm having trouble figuring out what goes in the case. Thanks

@wct49 @dnp @offr0adlim0

Can any of you confirm or deny that the GX470 requires a Toyota only "gold" fluid for the transfer case? And if not, can you offer an equivalent fluid? i'm having trouble figuring out what goes in the case. Thanks
Never heard of Toyota gold anything (other than the badges on lots of LX470s around here) No, unless Rob says differently, it's just 75W-90 gear oil in the t-case (I use Mobil 1).

Are you maybe thinking about the Toyota WS tranny fluid that costs as much as gold? :D

Never heard of Toyota gold anything (other than the badges on lots of LX470s around here) No, unless Rob says differently, it's just 75W-90 gear oil in the t-case (I use Mobil 1).

Are you maybe thinking about the Toyota WS tranny fluid that costs as much as gold? :D

Nah, I am very familiar with the red gold WS fluid, and maybe I got into a thread that was some other Lexus, but it came in a can and was a Toyota transfer case fluid. Never seen or heard of it, and can't seem to find the thread again (wasn't on MUD). Made me curious and I just needed some confirmation.

EDIT: I foind the thread and the reference was for the 460s (2010+), looks like 470 is just gear oil.

Pic from club Lexus forum
1407823362698_bulletin_2ae93f240522089a685573b9294aead62159036c.jpg

Last edited:
@wct49 @dnp @offr0adlim0

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in January

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom