120 Series General Tech and Classified (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh, and an update to my list:
  1. Reinstall winch in bumper CHECK
  2. Reinstall bumper CHECK
  3. Install dual battery NO DICE, just going to use my Antigravity (being delivered by Amazon as we speak)
  4. Install (borrowed) RTT CHECK + bonus awning!
  5. Reinstall air compressor CHECK, reservoir tank(s) NO DICE
  6. Install skids NOT LOOKING GOOD, but likely won't need on this trip
  7. Rewire lightbar on bumper (switch/relay already in place) MAYBE, harness needs work
  8. Paint fender tubes and rear bumper to match front bumper COULD HAPPEN, gots to be Instagram ready ;)

Went full #EAF tonight. Man, nobody mentioned what the installation was like...but my tire is almost too big for stock spare location. Sidewalls come within a buckles thickness to the rear door.

IMG_2623.JPG

This thing didn't come with instructions. What are you supposed to do with the piece of loose strap covered in velcro that has a loop at the end?

ANSWERED:

For some tires with heavy shifting loads or non-aggressive tread, you may get a slight sag from your Trasharoo as it shifts. The anti-sag strap eliminates this by linking the two top main straps together over the tire.

Trasharoo-strap.jpg

Last edited:
This thing didn't come with instructions. What are you supposed to do with the piece of loose strap covered in velcro that has a loop at the end?

ANSWERED:

For some tires with heavy shifting loads or non-aggressive tread, you may get a slight sag from your Trasharoo as it shifts. The anti-sag strap eliminates this by linking the two top main straps together over the tire.

View attachment 1477969

A sagging trasharoo is a sign of inexperience and/or sloppinesss and is therefore frowned upon by @ntsaint, the "L. Ron Hubbard" of the #eaf movement

Last edited:
A sagging trasharoo is a sign of inexperience and/or sloppinesss and is therefore frowned upon by @ntsaint, the "L. Ron Hubbard" of the #eaf movement

then I will never be able to play in your reindeer games. #sagginbag #trasharoo #eaf

I'm getting ready to have the T-belt on the GX done. Got a local mechanic that I'm going to have do it with my supplied parts and was boxing things up and noticed this on the pump impeller.

0801170920.jpg

I don't guess I inspected it that closely when I unboxed everything and now I'm concerned that this little dent may be a problem. (This is from the kit I got from Amazon) I dont suspect this is normal. Would appreciate thoughts. @beno @offr0adlim0 if there is question, I will get another on order or just tell the mechanic to pick one up for me.

Thanks

I wouldn't run a damaged plastic impeller.

Did you get all of the other parts you need beyond what comes in the Amazon kit?

Get another one. Do not install a water pump with a damaged impeller.

The Aisin kit comes with everything you need unless you wanted to do cam seals and crank seals.

GThe Aisin kit comes with everything you need unless you wanted to do cam seals and crank seals.

...and no thermostat or gasket, no upper or lower rad hoses, no serpentine belt and other ancilliaries needed to do the job fully and correctly. I wouldn't go all the way in there and not do these items as well if it was me.

I wouldn't run a damaged plastic impeller.

Did you get all of the other parts you need beyond what comes in the Amazon kit?

I got a big @beno box with all the items listed above and have collected them along with the Amazon parts into a box to take over to him. I was concerned about the impeller and unfortunately, I am beyond the return window on the Amazon Order so I may just have to get one sourced from the local dealer since I was planning to drop it off tonight for him to start on. If I have to wait til next week, so be it. Rather wait and not have to worry.

Thanks all.

What Beno said! I kinda regret not doing the cam seals on mine but they weren't leaking. At all. So I hated to mess with it. So far, so good on that one. Make sure you pull out the right amount of slack on the cam position sensor wire or you'll be buying another one of those like I did. Duh :(

Have any of you guys heard anything about the OE alternators pooping out at around 150k on the GX470s? Erin is in a FB group and they have her convinced that I need to go ahead and replace hers before 150k so she doesn't end up stranded. Apparently "everyone" says that this is common and should should be planned for. I know parts have average life spans, but I am not sure I have ever heard of such a finite life span on something like an alternator, especially on a Toyota product. Any insight on that?

Have any of you guys heard anything about the OE alternators pooping out at around 150k on the GX470s? Erin is in a FB group and they have her convinced that I need to go ahead and replace hers before 150k so she doesn't end up stranded. Apparently "everyone" says that this is common and should should be planned for. I know parts have average life spans, but I am not sure I have ever heard of such a finite life span on something like an alternator, especially on a Toyota product. Any insight on that?

There is nothing in the world worse than saying no to a request like this and you being wrong.

Replace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom