1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 series sleeping setup?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Cypher, Sep 27, 2009.

1. geanes

geanes

Media:
    Albums:
    @TheAshenWolf ... very nice! Care to share the dimensions of the platform? This solution would work well for me until the upgrade budget is replenished and I can afford the LandShark drawers that I really, REALLY want.

(Timing Belt job is due along with both valve covers AND CV replacement.....so my budget is going towards all that first) :(

cruzerDave likes this.
  2. Magnetic 111

Magnetic 111

I don't have much for a formal plan. But here's the basic setup. The side sections were just estimates at the time. You'll have to make a pattern to fit the box into the space properly. I wanted a nice tight fit (I know- who doesn't?) to prevent movement and maximize the usable space. The basic dimensions here will take up about as much as you can side to side, but is about an inch short of the tail gate sill. You'll figure it out. Good luck!

Also- you have to watch the overall width of the folding panels. At the length I have below, they just barely scrape the "C" pillar trim panels on both sides as they unfold/ fold.

Version for sleeping extended.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. Cleric Duran

Cleric Duran

I love how this set hinges the platform for sleeping. Very cool!

4. aceLX470

aceLX470

I have this Coleman Cot. It fits perfectly over the folded double bench. I just put some blocks under the feet behind the drivers seat to support and level it. Sorry I don't have any pictures right now. The only problem is at 6'4" my feet are right on the rear glass.

5. bamabrock

bamabrock Ain’t Life Grand SILVER Star

6. TheAshenWolf

TheAshenWolf

I feel you on the whole "budget game." Gotta keep the balance between "wants" and "needs."

Platform Dimensions
    Rear (semi permanent): 38" long, 51" wide
    Front (only for sleeping): 34" long, 51" wide

At those dimensions, adding and removing platforms is simple and requires no strange movement. Pulls straight out.

The sleeping platform is exactly the size of a full mattress. I love it.

Total cost: $230

geanes likes this.
  7. Igoteyedeas

Igoteyedeas

Media:
    Albums:
    Found this thread a week or so ago as I was planning my own road trip from SoCal to Colorado. Given the cold temps and plans to go solo, I thought it would be perfect to build some sort of platform that would allow me to travel and sleep inside of the Cruiser. With about $90 in wood from Lowes (not including the $15 12-pack from the market) my buddy and I built this platform to meet all my needs. Given more time — and ambition — I would probably mimic @TheAshenWolf build as the modular aspect really appeals to me.

At any rate, here's how my build turned out. Perfect sleeping platform for myself and my dog, while also leaving room for storage underneath, a 54qt cooler (or single seat) in the cavity and the ability to bear as much cargo weight as I would ever put on top:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:58 AM
    custyota likes this.