100 series sleeping setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This set up is working pretty well for us

On the road
DSCN0963.jpg

In Camp
DSCN1032.jpg

I like your set up and the color of your 100 to:D

When its more then me we do the popup
100 pop up Kinder.jpg

^^^ Ahh yes... I love that the 100 can tow with ease. That is another big selling point with me. The better half eventually wants small camper, and the 100 should be up to the task. That is a little ways off though, but it is never too late to plan for the future. Thanks!
We plan to upgrade eventually, maybe a Kamparoo. Or Kimberly, if we win the lottery:lol:.

I had a custom drawer box in mine that would be level with middle seats when they were folded down. This left a nice platform for a queen air mattress. Many comfy trips that way. Camping out at ski areas, etc.
2 kids later the drawers are out and 3rd row seats are back in. So if anyone wants some drawers....

Does any have good pics or build threads for sleeping setups? As in sleeping inside the 100 while camping/exploring. I am just curious how well this works if at all. Thanks!

with the 3d row seats removed, you can simply fold forward the second row and have enough room to sleep in the back with the tailgate up. I'm 6'3" and this works ok if I sleep at an angle. Open up the tailgate and you have another 2-3 feet.

My wife and I have set up a drawer system and we sleep on top of it. We've had it fully complete for about 3 months, 5k miles and about 60-70 nights total spent sleeping inside. Has worked great so far! There's a bit of a lack of head-room with our setup, but it's very cozy and with some magnet-based mosquito screens we made, it's good in all weather conditions.

You can see more details and some pics at We Are Out Of The Office if you want.

Some scrap 2x10s and plywood. Made it level with the back seats and has storage underneath. Getting me by for now, only cost was eye bolts and turnbuckes.

IMG_20170624_105405.jpg

DIY drawers with an extra piece of carpeted plywood I can attach for sleeping in the truck. I can flip it around if I need to use the middle row seats.
IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9492.JPG
IMG_9737.JPG
IMG_9257.JPG

I plan on camping in the truck for the first time. My zero $ budget items include:

A 1" left over styrofoam board my size i had lying around.
A 1/2" yoga mat i had laying around.
A 1" sleeping bag foam pad, again laying around.
An old sleeping bag.

I put everything inside the sleeping bag and it felt comfy enough that i feel will be okay for a weekend trip. Ill be testing it this weekend before i leave September 8th. I still need to plan none refrigerated food items.

Sleeping area 2.0
v-y1t93XLm3IuE0F-VXOfurtRqYEs21AgbP72tzfmCDo6WlkOZTVNayuj5WeLPdXqukqR29i3h9QqCHuOdmM85JbBQcZy0OFUMvK28DKZB3T9S-fBk5AgSRtmtHy4bfjhC6rq1pHL-9tU46R75OQvW9Pbr6w0urj4Wqil05bCvZOuLLqSSF4nlyBuC45qIR-txGk_hRCuO048ZxO6NcPnC3tXuphXVG5r8wjtKAxRWVBnQY-0_XxhbpAZaAB-M-IIXUoODCsfW8RCT6EDMRvWMfTpRLxZKOaZGfHr9XpB-dqs3HNrcnZJ5JSQiBIlevB8oYGC_NP5uSy-2qe3PnWJEEG60ez9Y2CAP7IzZ-68Oxel0Icu3y8P3ssymXMtzMke7Dapv0rPUtO3v5sZNau72-N6cexlahLvHU70lfvRj0MKms4C7H7ZkDrrwnpyYhDyOhX1-yJBKYzUL8fyKkDcTUl66oHAC19LnAyrO5ggaVLEU0wL4MXPvnWjLRiVrVkcteVwclBtrwBuAD24fXkrXmHGsrOD2eoovmq37EvBeY4J5DmIUiBAiRzi_75-wqLhbrDVpNJ3sJdlfMfe9vMUC0EmX8fmWpEjfJgPBroOggM8Dm9fiP35w=w362-h642-no

If you get it just the right height , it make a perfect sleeping area.

9mYZ0UukOJE7qMCUHPoPE5ybHyunLQqX4YlKBtKT9qiVLMStNeVs_QuoUBcPN5iWhNnbL-9IKnWBtOayGvrhid3t1oIz_Xbibm6tChHtqeCDK0a13PFbMZsvpleTPN7kA3sbuHGEMxsa879ZJKzPco9qimMSt7lMsP1m0kqkIAwWnK5tgNDjjFcm0h3wPeVSUFqebaC-2N0vO-RPbtG316nFTslmX1U1OGaNS1Ua2ZhOC_6pdfiHalOnqwZWYXxMGDiEBjlwPR1injphDhM4cTWiUkhgyF6Uy0uax_u7bkH1rI3fTjkPCho1xnJmG2ZiK44hBxruqB2_m4v38utUUrPbbZY7oGSKCQt3Q40kLs_ASAGPWTvnCbU19ca20R48j_9LGJ3aB4gMVICS2Y_pxA-m6V1BT04xheet_HEyR3aJDWdlIB8nxxKO41Wry47JTLqzYM6DLrCJBMFMfPJ2iP6kS_vOTjoHPwXxZoKHTNvmClksL9Ak6K-8Xs9Q2OcRWBvqtsbWjsEECB2q0bRBzEmmYMQ0UTfv9XBQTAx-mDXT6COwEuHhAX9t_6hkh3BptyM8PCWXvmTHSMbevHxRJ7hXACOBHgbJmIADeYTbv2YSv2vum3-VDA=w362-h642-no

What do you guys use for padding? I'm not gonna build a platform but I don't want to feel those plastic seat connections on the floor.

I removed my third row and built my own drawer system. When the middle row is folded down, the backs of those seats are level with my drawer. I just lay a blanket down on one side, use my air mattress pad (3" thick) and sleep that way. It's cool waking up and looking out the windows to see the sun rising on the mountains.

What do you guys use for padding? I'm not gonna build a platform but I don't want to feel those plastic seat connections on the floor.

I slept in the back of mine several times before I got the KISS drawers. 3rd row removed, passenger side 2nd row folded up and a Thermarest Prolite sleeping pad. Only an inch thick, but really pretty comfortable. Didn't have any problems with the seat connections. I really like being able to somewhat regulate the temperature by opening the windows or tailgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom