100 Series Rock Sliders Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning. The upgrades on my new 100-Series are going well. I appreciate those from whom I ordered used parts and we are getting very close to being where we want to be with our Land Cruiser. I did have a question about rock sliders. Has anyone found very inexpensive to inexpensive rock sliders or protective steps for their 100 series? I am a bit overwhelmed with choices. Step sliders would be nice, but really just a steel tube with caps on the end would be fine. What would you all recommend? By the way, the LC came without the factory steps, but I would want to replace them with something more robust anyway. Thanks in advance!

Jason

E95DF986-F38E-43E5-A27A-F87A097DA71A.JPG

With sliders, you get what you pay for. If you actually need them to do the job, it's not a place to cheap out. That being said, cheapest option is probably make them yourself, or pay a friend with a welder to put something together for you and slap some rattle can black paint on them.

Metaltech has served me well and paid for themselves many times over. I'm fine at this point trusting them on he trail as a tool around difficult obstacles. The price seems almost double what they once were, but that is the times we're in...

Metaltech has served me well and paid for themselves many times over. I'm fine at this point trusting them on he trail as a tool around difficult obstacles. The price seems almost double what they once were, but that is the times we're in...
Those look great. Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely consider these if I can't find something more reasonable.

With sliders, you get what you pay for. If you actually need them to do the job, it's not a place to cheap out. That being said, cheapest option is probably make them yourself, or pay a friend with a welder to put something together for you and slap some rattle can black paint on them.
I think this is great advice. Thanks for your input.

I'm in the same boat. Looking at the Metra Tech but they are $$$$!

Has anyone tried these?

I personally have not, but I believe those were the ones that bolted to the frame and body, and had less than stellar reviews on this site.

Example thread:

Usual suspects are Slee, BIOR, MetalTech4x4, WKOR.

Other options might be Trail Tailor, or Owl Expedition.

There are a number of slider threads around here, example:

It may come down to who is closest to you (freight is expensive), or who’s having a special. Metaltech often has a group buy about this time of year.

I personally have not, but I believe those were the ones that bolted to the frame and body, and had less than stellar reviews on this site.

Example thread:

Usual suspects are Slee, BIOR, MetalTech4x4, WKOR.

Other options might be Trail Tailor, or Owl Expedition.

There are a number of slider threads around here, example:

It may come down to who is closest to you (freight is expensive), or who’s having a special. Metaltech often has a group buy about this time of year.
Thanks for the link.

Will second the WKO option. Got them installed this weekend and I really like them.

I do get a vibration between 2700rpm and 3000rpm but thats probably more on how I installed them and will look into moving them a few cm.

Some of the previous MetalTech sales/group-buys. I understand that metal prices have gone way up since then, and these were ~3 years ago, so prices like this are probably long gone.

I've had the slee sliders for going on 15 years and they have served me well. The bottoms have some scrapes but no bends or anything so I guess they're pretty solid. I just looked online and the current ones look similar to mine, except they have a smooth glossy finish. My old ones have a grittier finish, maybe non-slip?

I've been happy with the slider steps from Slee. Purchased around 2010 and still look great with no rust.
They also have sliders only without the step. My wife is 5' even, so I went with the slider steps and added some stair tread tape (skateboard tape) to the outer tube. Very solidly built, I can lift the entire side of the rig off the ground with the jack under the slider tube.
'99 UZJ100, Slee diff drop, Slee slider-steps, OME torsion bars and springs, 285/75 16 tires.

075CC7BB-BE48-4512-B156-A44F922A9464.jpeg
9DCC5B15-83F3-41DE-BCA7-F2FB3359FFA9.jpeg
B1B26C18-5E18-41C4-A630-E2A706A10128.jpeg

Cheapest route is to buy Marlin Crawler or Trail-Gear sliders and weld them yourself. That will cost you around $500. If you can’t weld and have to pay someone to do it, then you could very easily end up around $1k all-in.

FWIW, I have Slee step sliders and like them.

Another vote for slee. Just wide enough to use as a step and sleek enough not to bulge out too far.

I've got the Slee with AHC, solid and easy to mount. Clean, understated, and priced accordingly.

I'd recommend them all day everyday.

Metal Tech has 10% off for new customers. I really like the design AND I would love a great discount / group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom