100 Series Recovery Point Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been leaning towards the same idea for a swing out. The support you're talking about is welded to the frame though so wouldn't be the easiest thing to swap.
Shoot, then it almost seems like it would be easier to just remove the bumper cover, buy the factory towing attachment and send the vehicle to a shop that can cut a hole in the center and weld it on.

Assuming the metal support bumper is strong enough to support the weight. I don’t recall how thin that piece of metal is.

I would much rather this method than having it mounted lower on the aftermarket tow receiver.

I’ll def need to confirm all this somehow as it will make a huge difference when ordering either the regular swing out or the low clearance version.

Edit: Or…. Just remove the bumper cover, cut the hole yourself and use some bolts washers and nuts to secure the towing attachment.

Shoot, then it almost seems like it would be easier to just remove the bumper cover, buy the factory towing attachment and send the vehicle to a shop that can cut a hole in the center and weld it on.

Assuming the metal support bumper is strong enough to support the weight. I don’t recall how thin that piece of metal is.

I would much rather this method than having it mounted lower on the aftermarket tow receiver.

I’ll def need to confirm all this somehow as it will make a huge difference when ordering either the regular swing out or the low clearance version.

Edit: Or…. Just remove the bumper cover, cut the hole yourself and use some bolts washers and nuts to secure the towing attachment.
Not sure how thick it is but seems similar in thickness as the frame is. The edit option seems like the way to go.

Not sure how thick it is but seems similar in thickness as the frame is. The edit option seems like the way to go.
I did some thought probing on the UZJ100 FB page and it looks like the factory towing attachment isn't a 2" hitch receiver so I will need to find some kind of bolt on hitch tube to go with.

Seems like a few people are actively running this type of setup, so that's good to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom