100 Series HVAC Controller - NAV DELETE - (OEM+)

Enthusiast Level vs. OEM Level

  • Enthusiast

    Votes: 21 21.0%
  • OEM

    Votes: 79 79.0%

  • Total voters
    100
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One thing I could never understand regarding the rear hot and cold air. I want the warm air to come through the vents at high level not from under my front seats to feed the rear foot Wells.
Is there any way to switch them over ?
But I will be ordering some vent extension for the rear seats
 
One thing I could never understand regarding the rear hot and cold air. I want the warm air to come through the vents at high level not from under my front seats to feed the rear foot Wells.
Is there any way to switch them over ?
But I will be ordering some vent extension for the rear seats
No. The 2nd row floor vents come from a dedicated heater core under the left-hand front seat. It's heat only.
 
No. The 2nd row floor vents come from a dedicated heater core under the left-hand front seat. It's heat only.
Hi Dirt
Many thanks for that.
I'm desperate to get hot air into the truck as it'll c be getting cold here soon
My back vents work but no hot air from anywhere else till I get a new screen etc .
12 volt blowers are inadequate and I'm not sure about fitting a diesel heater because it'll be very obtrusive unless you've got any ideas
Cheers Kieron from across the pond
 
Different enough, not necessarily in how it communicates but rather packaging, that it will require its own electronics board and layout to fit in the OEM JBL Cassette location.
Do you need any additional testing on a 2007? This infotainment system is at top of my list for my LX’s current needs.
 
@LJE @Anarchy
If you are doing any PCB changes, consider using a bigger screen as well as improving the viewing angle, as that would also help. (E.g on the LC version, yay)
And there are screens with different viewing angles, e.g. "best viewed from 45-85 degees above", like VA-TFT or OLED.
 
I dont think it would be that hard to either extend that harness or possibly take whats there (depending on where it comes from) and route it back towards the front of the truck. Should be plenty of harness seeing its up on the ceiling lol
Don’t those have analog controls for the rear air (mechanical temp slider)?
 
@LJE @Anarchy
If you are doing any PCB changes, consider using a bigger screen as well as improving the viewing angle, as that would also help. (E.g on the LC version, yay)
And there are screens with different viewing angles, e.g. "best viewed from 45-85 degees above", like VA-TFT or OLED.
As always, all decisions get made by Anarchy (I only advise and berate to get my way 🤣 ) but I think it's safe to say the actual circuit & component choices are locked in.

When I saw the initial photos I also wished for a bigger screen, however, having it in the vehicle now it just seems, I dunno, right? Seems like it matches the rest of the truck well. Functional, but not excessive.

The 15 degree upward tilt will mitigate pretty much any of the viewing angle concerns - we're right on the edge of optimal horizontal viewing angle, but its there.

The upward tilt & associated bezel around it also helps make the screen "feel" bigger.
 
Version 3, coming up!

This was a sprint to get done before I leave on work travel for the day job this coming week, & then the Daniel Boone Back the Byway event next weekend (anyone going to be there?!?), but check it out!
I wanna hit the Daniel Boone Back country trail. I follow them and see their videos all the time. Looks like a cool bunch of trails
 
  • Like
Reactions: LJE
I wanna hit the Daniel Boone Back country trail. I follow them and see their videos all the time. Looks like a cool bunch of trails
It's a ton of fun. There's over 1000 miles of trails that's part of it, so it's huge & I've only been on a tiny, tiny part of it.
 
I appreciate the attention to detail you guys are dedicating to this project. A small thing like 10 degrees of viewing angle optimizing is huge when you spend a lot of time looking at it; you guys have been so thorough already; I’m willing to wait for that optimal product for sure;
to that point, I am still in 100% for my 07 LX….. can’t wait. got the HU, amps, speakers, ready to go!
 
I appreciate the attention to detail you guys are dedicating to this project. A small thing like 10 degrees of viewing angle optimizing is huge when you spend a lot of time looking at it; you guys have been so thorough already; I’m willing to wait for that optimal product for sure;
to that point, I am still in 100% for my 07 LX….. can’t wait. got the HU, amps, speakers, ready to go!

But do you have a super snazzy plate to mount your amplifier ready to go?!? 😉
20260914_221342.webp

20260915_231020.webp
 
Quick user-testing update: I was down at the "Back the Byway" event in KY this weekend - from Thursday afternoon to today (Sunday) I put ~600 miles on the new setup over roughly 24 hours of combined drive time, more than half of which was offroad.

Not a single dang hiccup from the Alpine Siege HVAC module, the nearly cheaper-than-dirt Android head unit (running Gaia via Android auto for a lot of it), or the "new" (used) amp. All super solid.

I've driven plenty of "new" cars as rentals while traveling for my day job, and rarely have I found one that I don't run into some sort of dumb bug in the head unit. This has surpassed all expectations.

Beyond pleased with this setup - and eagerly waiting to see how my V3 mechanical design turns out!!
 
Quick user-testing update: I was down at the "Back the Byway" event in KY this weekend - from Thursday afternoon to today (Sunday) I put ~600 miles on the new setup over roughly 24 hours of combined drive time, more than half of which was offroad.

Not a single dang hiccup from the Alpine Siege HVAC module, the nearly cheaper-than-dirt Android head unit (running Gaia via Android auto for a lot of it), or the "new" (used) amp. All super solid.

I've driven plenty of "new" cars as rentals while traveling for my day job, and rarely have I found one that I don't run into some sort of dumb bug in the head unit. This has surpassed all expectations.

Beyond pleased with this setup - and eagerly waiting to see how my V3 mechanical design turns out!!
When you get to that point, I’d like some info on how to wire up/repin for a head unit and aftermarket amp. Definitely want to get rid of the OEM amp and Nav system. Again, I appreciate what y'all are doing!
 
Quick user-testing update: I was down at the "Back the Byway" event in KY this weekend - from Thursday afternoon to today (Sunday) I put ~600 miles on the new setup over roughly 24 hours of combined drive time, more than half of which was offroad.

Not a single dang hiccup from the Alpine Siege HVAC module, the nearly cheaper-than-dirt Android head unit (running Gaia via Android auto for a lot of it), or the "new" (used) amp. All super solid.

I've driven plenty of "new" cars as rentals while traveling for my day job, and rarely have I found one that I don't run into some sort of dumb bug in the head unit. This has surpassed all expectations.

Beyond pleased with this setup - and eagerly waiting to see how my V3 mechanical design turns out!!
This is AWESOME! I too am excited to see how the V3 looks after the revisions. And like, @ZCaptn, anxiously awaiting your full write up to swap HU, amp, speakers, sub and wiring over. Hopefully that is still a future plan!
 
Sorry if I missed this. I’m wondering about the current thoughts for incorporating the security light/strip and wondering if there’s any way that the trip info screen would somehow be accessible with the nav delete. Neither are mission critical but wondering what the current thinking was.
 
To delete this button I’ve circled and integrate it with the new hvac controller?

View attachment 4214836
not really to delete the button. But to move and integrate the analog controller of the rear HVAC into the unit you're building. So it essentially leaves your background work as is, but you readjust the layout to allow for the rear analog control wires to be extended and plugged into your unit. If you know what I mean. So if you'd like to switch on the rear AC, you still use the original circled button and select the speed, temp etc with the dedicated unit integrated into yours.

Perhaps you can just retrofit it into your unit or you can make the buttons ground up to have a more seamless integration into your unit.

I have thought about moving the analog controller of rear hvac into the gear position area or a dedicated box somewhere in the driver area so i can control it by just extending the wires. this way, I don't have to worry about reinventing the wheel, just repositioning it to my liking.
 
Back
Top Bottom