100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's in decent enough shape for a 22 year old, 350k truck. Definitely thought we'd get at least another 50k out of it. Any ballpark idea what 2UZ's are going for and what that install would run?
If you're considering selling the truck as-is, I've been looking for a relatively stock 100 series for my mother. I could find an engine and swap it in to give it new life.

No pressure if you do decide to fix it. I'm working on a small budget since her current 2010 Honda Pilot is practically worthless (those things were built to fall apart).

Sorry for your loss and good luck with whatever path you decide to take.

Patch

Sad day here for us. Looks like our beloved 2001 100 may be toast. I bought it in 2011 just a few months before Finn was born. Drove it to California and back through the southwest, through the Carolinas, down to Big Bend and all over the south. Was passed down to my oldest, and then my second oldest, and was 5 months shy of getting him through high school. Consensus seems to be cam is seized, so it looks like the smart and not sentimental thing to do is cut my losses. Any opinions welcome on what to do with it. I will probably pull the sliders for my 2005, and would love to move the arb bar and winch, but not sure how difficult it is to get the old style onto an after 2003 truck (any experience here?). Any opinions welcome on what it may be worth? Not really interested in the parting-out business as I don't have a place to do it, but would love to salvage some $ out of it as I've definitely not budgeted a new vehicle right now. Thanks.

View attachment 3222201

View attachment 3222202

View attachment 3222203
The engine may be find. Inspection, not consensus is your friend.
Contrary to popular belief. Good 4.7L 2UZ are not easily found, especial 100 series.
Cams do not just seize in a 2UZ-fe from Japan. Does your engine VIN match frame?

I'd first look at history & current condition:
Coolant, is level to top of radiator?
Any sign of overheating?
OF&L history?
What is current condition and level of oi?
How many miles on this Timing belt :hmm:
Was BK1 cam seal replaced, how many miles since?
What does borescope of the cylinders reveal?

This may be yet another case of failure to properly torque cam bolts. If so engine likely fine. If lucky cam will not even need replacing.

But kids will be kids

Last edited:
This has to be the lowest mileage 100 I’ve seen as well as the only Pacific Blue Metallic I’ve seen in person.

F9FF8CBF-0CF8-4950-AD12-BBBC17BBC4F0.jpeg

B26A3288-1727-4E27-BF2D-1A8F82901A5D.jpeg

How much fun is the powersteering pump and rack and pinion to do? 99 model.

How much fun is the powersteering pump and rack and pinion to do? 99 model.
I turn wrenches every day but paid Rob to do it level fun

Wanted: AHC rear sway bar!

Anyone in or coming through Denver area, have a take-off rear sway bar from conversion to non AHC?

I'm looking for a rear sway (stabilizer) bar, from any 98-07 factory AHC suspension (LX470 98-07 on AHC 06-07 LC). It's the factory thinner sway bar, swapped out for the heaver non AHC LC bar.

Wanted: AHC rear sway bar!

Anyone in or coming through Denver area, have a take-off rear sway bar from conversion to non AHC?

I'm looking for a rear sway (stabilizer) bar, from any 98-07 factory AHC suspension (LX470 98-07 on AHC 06-07 LC). It's the factory thinner sway bar, swapped out for the heaver non AHC LC bar.
Im headed through Denver on April 14th. If you can find someone with a sway bar in Atlanta GA, Owensboro KY, St. Louis MO, Kansas City MO, I can throw it in the truck and deliver it for you.

Im headed through Denver on April 14th. If you can find someone with a sway bar in Atlanta GA, Owensboro KY, St. Louis MO, Kansas City MO, I can throw it in the truck and deliver it for you.

@abuck99 mentioned you're a good guy. Thanks for the offer!

What part to use for charcoal canister now Mr T said f that to making it anymore.

Tired of my truck smelling like fuel more times than not.

Runs fine no CELs.

1999 LC and have a new fuel cap.

What part to use for charcoal canister now Mr T said f that to making it anymore.

Tired of my truck smelling like fuel more times than not.

Runs fine no CELs.

1999 LC and have a new fuel cap.

No idea but wanted to know what you find out. My 80 needs one

No idea but wanted to know what you find out. My 80 needs one

There were threads over in the 80 section that gave part numbers for this. It's been several years and I sold the 80 so I don't remember exactly but I would swear I ordered one from Autozone or O'Reilly's that fit with a slight mod to the bracket that holds it in place.

Pretty sure it was a GM canister that the 80 guys used. Can't recall what model it was for.

Edit: 1990s car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom