100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My brother Ken is looking for a good 100 for his youngest son. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dang they are getting cheap

Yup, there was another 100 on the lot that I don't see on his website so I may swing back by. 143k on a locked 100 isn't terrible at $7900, but I bet this guy would really drop with some cash. Little car lot.

Yup, there was another 100 on the lot that I don't see on his website so I may swing back by. 143k on a locked 100 isn't terrible at $7900, but I bet this guy would really drop with some cash. Little car lot.
They 80 was clean too, but I don't think it was lock.

I am working in West Point this week and found a little care lot that has 2 or 3 100's and 1 80 on the lot. 143k locked 99 for $7900 or a 98 with 279k and some fender damage for $4900. The link is below if it works.

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser - Cooper's Wholesale Cars LLC
I've got to be in West Point next week and I'll stop and glance at them if anyone is interested. The green one looks rusty under the hood though.

A 100 gathering today with a couple face lifts in progress...

30FAB8BE-4A67-4F70-BE60-C35996710954.jpeg

I’ll be in the market for a 100 series roof rack soon. Really eyeballing the front runner, but will hear other options if anybody has one laying around...

Nephew got stranded on the way home for the holidays when a pulley froze on the front of his 100 series motor and shredded the belt.

He found a shop that got him on the road again but amazingly, while they were that far into the motor they did not change the other two pulleys (idler and tensioner)

Also, he spent some 10 degree nights in Colorado with no heater so we gave that issue a look-see as well.

Jerry drove up with all the parts and the know-how and gave me a tutorial on how the front end of a 100 series works.

This is not as scary as I thought it would be.

Lesson to those that have 100 series trucks.

If you do a timing belt, go ahead and replace all the pulleys, water pump, thermostat, hoses and heater Ts while you are in there.

Doing this stuff twice (3 times in this case) during the 90,000 mile service period is crazy

A0D83B84-0668-4268-A008-752A81E350AC.jpeg

69A2BD30-80C3-40A8-A2A7-D0FD14D229AE.jpeg

FB57210A-423B-416A-B34E-5043FA53AACC.jpeg

FF372C12-B8A2-4CD0-ABC5-E5C2BF339D2F.jpeg

Nephew got stranded on the way home for the holidays when a pulley froze on the front of his 100 series motor and shredded the belt.

He found a shop that got him on the road again but amazingly, while they were that far into the motor they did not change the other two pulleys (idler and tensioner)

Also, he spent some 10 degree nights in Colorado with no heater so we gave that issue a look-see as well.

Jerry drove up with all the parts and the know-how and gave me a tutorial on how the front end of a 100 series works.

This is not as scary as I thought it would be.

Lesson to those that have 100 series trucks.

If you do a timing belt, go ahead and replace all the pulleys, water pump, thermostat, hoses and heater Ts while you are in there.

Doing this stuff twice (3 times in this case) during the 90,000 mile service period is crazy

View attachment 1860737

View attachment 1860741

View attachment 1860745

View attachment 1860750
Looks good and ready to roll!

I cleaned up the wiring and per Bossman's suggestion moved the winch power and ground to the main posts.

I knew this. Glad he reminded me.

After.

View attachment 1169636

Series 31 from Sam’s is dying after 3 years. I never have much luck with batteries lasting 5 years.

For the price though I think I’ll go that route again. No reason to pay $100 more for a battery.......

I think I may do the non-AGM this time.

Any reason not to?

75266FAC-D94A-43F0-AFC4-1643AB1BEA89.jpeg

Last edited:
I have non-AGM in all my stuff except the white 80, and it is a yellow-top cause they are harder to kill since it sits and drains, and I have a fancy box for the Optima in it. In hind-sight, I'd probably not go that route again and just do a regular battery. If it ain't gonna be getting tippy, no real reason for a sealed battery in my opinion.

I have non-AGM in all my stuff except the white 80, and it is a yellow-top cause they are harder to kill since it sits and drains, and I have a fancy box for the Optima in it. In hind-sight, I'd probably not go that route again and just do a regular battery. If it ain't gonna be getting tippy, no real reason for a sealed battery in my opinion.

Yeah I’m thinking the AGM is pretty gimmicky deal for this truck. Especially since it won’t see much hardcore camping use anymore for a long while it ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom