100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the heater hose tees are 5/8? Asking for a friend that I am married to. She just called and said one had broken.

So the heater hose tees are 5/8? Asking for a friend that I am married to. She just called and said one had broken.

You can use a standard 5/8 in a pinch, but one of the legs is smaller. Factory fits mo betta.

https://smile.amazon.com/Four-Seaso...rd_wg=qiBQn&psc=1&refRID=GVNWS68GE0KMJ9C679XH
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SD02VM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_4105.PNG

Got one from Lowes to run temporarily and ordered two more from the dealer.

I have these.

They suck. The smaller of the 3 openings seeps coolant, as it’s too small in diameter.

Why would one take a chance on one that may work versus buying the part that is actually made for that application. Buy four and keep 2 in your glovebox, 87248-60460. They are inexpensive and actually work.

Why would one take a chance on one that may work versus buying the part that is actually made for that application. Buy four and keep 2 in your glovebox, 87248-60460. They are inexpensive and actually work.

Because if I can find one that never needs to be replaced vs one that may one day need to be serviced, I’ll use it.

My search continues. Brass or SS would be the best, honestly.

In that case every 80 has 1 brass T that is the correct size. You will have to hunt for used ones as new doesn’t exist. Brass part number has been replaced with the plastic version. Or you can just spend $20 every time you do the timing belt and will never have to worry about them.

I have these.

They suck. The smaller of the 3 openings seeps coolant, as it’s too small in diameter.
The factory clamps leak on them especially if you're reusing the old hoses. The breeze clamps worked on mine.

Last edited:
I used the stainless tees linked above with new hoses/clamps and had no leaks. I enjoy knowing that they will not get brittle like the OEM plastic ones did

The factory clamps leak on them if you're reusing the old hoses. The breeze clamps worked on mine.

Mine must be some strange outlier then; new hoses on mine, but still leak.

Looks pretty darn clean, minus the color, if anyone is looking. no affiliation.

upload_2018-9-4_11-35-48.png

Looks pretty darn clean, minus the color, if anyone is looking. no affiliation.

View attachment 1781846

It's parked on old fannin at the Texaco just south of spillway.

If it were 6 months from now I'd go test drive it, but I am leaning towards a new 4runner (and Gold sucks)

8156C420-4399-498B-98A8-D81071724772.jpeg
More to come on this mess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom