100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to upgrade the sound in my 2002 non-nav. The rear subwoofer and rear door speakers are shot. Right now the stock radio is playing through the front speakers, and not very well. Maybe the amp works, but basically I am looking at a total upgrade. Where in Jackson to go? Best Buy? The place on 51 and Ridgewood? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I need to upgrade the sound in my 2002 non-nav. The rear subwoofer and rear door speakers are shot. Right now the stock radio is playing through the front speakers, and not very well. Maybe the amp works, but basically I am looking at a total upgrade. Where in Jackson to go? Best Buy? The place on 51 and Ridgewood? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
@offr0adlim0 or @Bodean or @euclid will be your best sources for info on that. In fact, @offr0adlim0 even has stuff in stock most of the time that may solve your problem

Wow! What a coincidence. I need the same rear door speakers and sub for Jace's 2005 100.

What do you say CottonLand?

Jace and I installed the front door speakers and power door lock motor twice. And I hate paying for labor for a father-son project!

What is CLC recommendation on rear door speakers that fit and are 2 ohm?

Is there a bolt in sub replacement?

You can usually repair the speakers by removing them and replacing the surround that has more than likely completely deteriorated. With a rotted surround the speaker will sound like it’s blown. New surrounds are inexpensive and not too terrible to replace. Springfield Speaker, PartsExpress or Simply Speaker all carry new surrounds. The other option is to go full aftermarket and replace the head unit (without Nav) and bypass the amp and use whatever Speaker you want. If you have Nav you will use a sound processor and then feed aftermarket amps and run whatever Speaker you want. The options are endless just depends how much you want to invest.

Hoping to just replace worn out 12 year old speakers in his 2005.

Rear door are 5.25" and 2 ohm right?

What are the specs on the sub? Is there a non-Toyota bolt-in replacement?

Thanks!

Does the 2005 have one sub? What size is it?

Thanks

Hoping to just replace worn out 12 year old speakers in his 2005.

Rear door are 5.25" and 2 ohm right?

What are the specs on the sub? Is there a non-Toyota bolt-in replacement?

Thanks!

Most 5.25” and 6.5” will fit. Most aftermarket speakers are 4oHm which you can run but will have to turn the volume up louder than you used to in order to get the same amount of sound out of them. There are some 2oHm speakers out there but are few and far between. Powerbass L2-652 are a 2oHm replacement.

As far as the sub goes the easiest thing to do is to replace the surrounds or if you want to add a little more bass use 2 JL Audio C5-650CW as a replacement in the stock location but you will more than likely want to add an additional amp to push them.

Another satisfied 49Tire customer. Picked it up today. I ordered the "Starbucks Poser Package." OME, Ironman FCP, Dueler ATs, ARB bumper. Spouse did not mind the lift too much. She just has to get a running start. Great job gentlemen.
18010511.jpg

18010510.jpg

18010513.jpg

Another satisfied 49Tire customer. Picked it up today. I ordered the "Starbucks Poser Package." OME, Ironman FCP, Dueler ATs, ARB bumper. Spouse did not mind the lift too much. She just has to get a running start. Great job gentlemen.
18010511.jpg

18010510.jpg

18010513.jpg

Thanks for the business!
IMG_3710.JPG

not sure what's cooler, posting at 45 MPH , or the guy liking the post at 45 MPH too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom