100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to replace my timing belt/water pump/etc. in the next week or so.

Those that have done it themselves - have you ordered parts offline (if so, from where) or have you gotten them locally?

20180224_123913.jpg
20180224_123918.jpg
Did you need anything else to do the job?

Lol. Funny you ask. New tensioner bearing isn't a bad idea, new thermostat, thermostat gasket, new serpentine belt and new Toyota red coolant. Also some sort of tool to hold the crank and a torque wrench that goes to 181 ft lbs. This is the one I made. It is thin enough to be flexible and move to the front of the crossmember and catch in the frame.

And pull both the hood latches so they don't constantly bury into your chest. I also pulled the grill which on Ardenne's 99 only takes three screws to do so. If you watch the videos by A1 Auto on Youtube which are geared towards the Tundra they say to take the little bracket on the A/C bracket off. That DOES NOT need to happen and like Rob stated earlier the rear most bolt on the A/C compressor does not need to come out just front two. The oil filter needs to come off to give better access to the A/C bolts.

View attachment 1640802 View attachment 1640803

Lol. Funny you ask. New tensioner bearing isn't a bad idea, new thermostat, thermostat gasket, new serpentine belt and new Toyota red coolant. Also some sort of tool to hold the crank and a torque wrench that goes to 181 ft lbs. This is the one I made. It is thin enough to be flexible and move to the front of the crossmember and catch in the frame.

And it makes one hell of a lawn edger too!

I may be in the market for a 100 series or an LX470 if anyone knows of anything. Preferably an 06 or 07.

View attachment 1640802 View attachment 1640803

And then I find this in my tool box....my memory is slipping.
20180310_205510.jpg

I still need a rear wind deflector for Ardenne's 100. Anyone have one?

Anyone have a passenger rear door in white?

Distracted guy backed into Jace's 100 with his decorative trailer hitch. Door is bad but rocker is fully trashed.

You can cut and weld in a replacement rocker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom