100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170331_224151.jpg
20170331_224151.jpg
20170331_225441.jpg
20170331_225513.jpg

No way to get the corroded connections loose where the wires attach. I used an ease out and got a grip on the screw head but the nut inside the connector just spun. Looks like I sell a kidney.

What's it doing now?

Was losing rail pressure after warming up. When I installed the new injectors just before Roundup I followed the factory service manual to a the letter. New airdog pump was putting out awesome pressure and rail pressure was good until 185-195 degrees and then it would just fall out. I retorqued the injector tubes last night and everyone of them had to to be tightened a bit and one of them almost a quarter turn. I got to thinking this morning and came home and pulled them all back out and loctited them and torqued them back in. That seemed to fix it and its running great. Hooked up to the Crawler Hauler and pulled it 30 miles or so at 80 with the cruise set and it never blinked. Evidently the heat and cold cycles were enough to loosen the injector tubes just slightly and when they warm up the pull away from the injectors and the rail pressure can't keep up.

Windshield rust ,I wanted to bring this up here , In case anyone else has this going on. The only thing on my 100 that bothered me was a small area of bubbling in the paint at the top of my windshield , it wasn't leaking and I kinda let it go . The rig I got from shush ( thanks John !!) and dearly love was a rust free SW Texas rig all its life and this spot kinda bothered me, after reading a few posts and horror stories about this. Windshield Leak and rust.... And here Windshield Leak Question I decided to have a buddy that owns a body shop look at it, he pulled the windshield to find what appeared to be a bad previous install where the paint had been damaged and left ,rust had set in, luckily it wasn't bad and he was able to grind it out and treat it, seal , prime and paint and luckily they were able to save the windshield and the damage was pretty minimal but would have gotten bad if left, so the cost was pretty minimal at $500 but I wanted you guys who have mostly rust free southern trucks to be aware of a possible potential problem
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this is a first: just went out to the 100, and it'll turn over but won't crank....wth?

Figure this out? That's what these trucks do when they don't detect the transponder in the key. Maybe too easy.

Reactions: dnp
I sure do love my 40! It'll crank when nothing else will!

Figure this out? That's what these trucks do when they don't detect the transponder in the key. Maybe too easy.
Very easily could be the transponder in the key, but now I'm wondering, because here's what happened: It would turn over and over and over, but no start. Pulled off the fuel filter input, and fuel was there. Looked at all fuses reasonably accessible, and all were good. So, I gave in, had it put on a roll-back, and hauled it to my shop. As soon as it hit the ground, I tried the key, and it cranked up. F***! Makes me think that either the whole immobilizer system works or it doesn't. It seems to me that if it stopped recognizing it in one place, it wouldn't recognize it again 15 minutes later. Thoughts?

Rob said the solution he had found for trucks that had been "fixed" by a wrecker ride was to replace the fuel pump. It's got 316,000 miles now, so it certainly would be reasonable to start there, whether it needs it or not.

Pump should be in tomorrow, so we'll see..........

Dave. That windshield thing. Wow.

DNP. Shoot yes. Pump is where I would start for sure.

Fireman. That sucks. I am scared to look at my brakes. I wonder if we should all soak that thing in dialectic grease.....

What PM should be done for the 100 brakes ABS/booster issue? When?

100 Series ABS Pump got me. $1200 part...$100 install.

Is there a mileage predictor on the ABS pump? Symptoms? Or just total failure?

No warning for us.

I was able to tap on it and get it to work for a bit and then it would do it again. Only happened once when driving, the rest of the times it was at start up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's all based on that one area getting corroded right?

If for some reason your truck does not get corroded there the whole thing won't die I think.

Fireman attempted to make a video with his bag phone with his ass bleaching mirror.

If you want to know if it's imminent peek at that connection.

If you would rather live in denial like I do, don't look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom