0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a boost gauge? What boost were you seeing when you brake boosted and what is your maximum boost now? How are your AFR's when under low throttle boost situations? I would ask about IAT's but I don't imagine you have relocated the temp sensor from the MAF.

Gonna get both for readings at some point but don't have them. For now I'm taking it easy apart from the 0-60 runs. My guess is I am running 8-9.5 psi and the IATs by definition are higher. But that is conjecture.

Very cool. Excited for a video. Any other mods besides supercharger and 2.6 pulley?

Sorry for the late reply. I have a 2.5 manifold back exhaust with high flow cats and "cooler" spark plugs. Recently serviced diff fluids, radiator, tranny fluid and engine oil. With the Metal Tech sliders, Slee ShortBus, a bunch of tools in back and the SC it is heavier than stock. Along with my 6'5" 250 pound fat a$$ lol.

Man that's quick....for an 80. Kinda sad because my 4000lb, 4 door Lexus DD does 0-60 in 5.9. The bimmer before that was 5.7 and way faster to 100. In my 80 I'm content with 13! LOL

12 seconds with the 3.25 pulley was more than adequate. The 2.6 just sitting there was an itch I finally needed to scratch :) amazing what .65 inches can do-what she said, right?!

Last edited:
Drove a new 5.7 Tundra today that we just installed a TRD Supercharger on

The power is ridiculous! Makes my 80 seem s-l-o-w....

Last edited:
15.51sec, stock drive train 1993

Did a 0-60 this morning to see what the last changes have done. I've got a fresh head gasket (old one looked o.k. but lots of carbon), cx racing header and 3 " exhaust, ported supercharger. Otherwise same as before - 4.88 gears, intercooler, stock pulley. Timing is at 3 degrees. Definitely under 10 seconds, really close to under 9 but I'm not sure. Next up are my 3" pulley and water/methanol injection.

I think I badly need the,Trans go shift kit too.

I'll have to check exactly. It pretty much shows boost as soon as I hit the pedal. I didn't hold it back, just took off no brake stand. It has a crazy lag I don't quite understand yet. As soon as the revs come up it pulls great

No brake stand. I just hit it from a stop. It took off right away but it just lags and then wakes up. Strange. Did four runs all the same

Dogfishlake, do you have more info you can post about your intercooler? Maybe a thread of yours?

It was on the truck when I got it. It really doesn't fit all that great, very tight. The trouble is the outlet adapter on the intake points straight out and it would be really nice if it turned up a couple of degrees. Then I could mod the cooler outlet to point down a couple degrees. The other side is plenty adjustable. This would move the whole thing up gust a little and help a lot. It's been off the road so long I think I'll mess with it this winter when it's put away. I'll go grab some pictures, but I don't know where it was made

Some pics
20150704_115248.jpg
20150704_115239.jpg

Here's a couple with a tape on it. The core is 3" Thick
20150704_115521.jpg
20150704_115558.jpg

How hot does it get? Can you put your hand on top of it if you drive around with little boost and let the engine heatsoak? My concern with the top mounts was always that that part of the engine gets hot since you have a lot of radiant heat from the exhaust manifold. In my mind it would act a lot like an interheater than an intercooler. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom