I Waited Too Long for The ARB Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess I should have made the ARB a bigger priority on this newest 80 of mine. Idiot driving this rig turned across in front of me without looking at the last second. On wet pavement at only 25mph I caught the rear of this chipper/shreader with the seam between my hood and left fender. Peeled it open like a can. The mangled glob of steel on the front door is the outer fender skin. Driver's side axle control arm is bent, tie rod is bent, A and B pillar damaged. Both doors will have to be reworked as well as a new hood. Tire blown, wheel destroyed. Tell Santa to bring you an ARB girls and boys. To say I am pissed is a gross understatement.
wreck1.jpg
leftfront.JPG
leftside.jpg

Ouch... is everybody OK???

Elmariachi, Hope you are alright. Sorry to hear about your luck. You might be able to take the money they are intending to use to replace your bumper and upgrade to an ARB.

Just finished my first mod (ARB Bullbar) this last weekend. Looks to have been a good choice.

That sucks dude.
Hopefully they don't write it off, and they fix it.
It would be ashame to see it end up at a wreckers.

And rest assured, a ARB bullbar is one of the first things I will get with my new 80.
In fact I will probably get it the same day.

Best of luck getting it fixed.

Cheers,
Nick

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I think the ARB would have helps prevent a portion of that damage, but at the height and length of the damage I say it would have prevented damage to the front of your vehicle for sure as well as possibly?? your tie rod, but that sheetmetal was going to go at some point with the length of his trailer ma thingy.....Hopefully they have good insurance and will get you the right amount to what it is worth. Don't forget to remind them that you have a 40th anniversary edition and how it is virtually impossible to replace those emblems et al.... For what it's worth..

Hope everyone involved is ok. I would try and take the money from the insurance buying a new bumper and see if they'll go ahead and just install an ARB. Most shops will work with on this type of thing. Best of luck

I am okay physically, glass in my eyes, hair, and a few cuts. But man I am pissed. The ARB would have likley deflected me a bit, but then I would have probably hit the truck full bore instead, had the chipper not slowed me down as it did. As it was I didn't even hit the truck.

I have had an ARB on my last 3 80's....I knew better, especially down here in this f&^%$g combat zone in Houston.

That sucks..Must have scared the crap out of you watching your fender peel up and fly towards you.

I'll be in Houston for Christmas, so let me know if you want to get rid of that nice ARB rack. :) :)

Just glad you are ok!

Jim, that really sucks. Glad you are ok and was able to walk away. I sincerely hope you get some honest restitution since that is such a sweet truck and not the easiest to find like that. Definitely keep the updates just in case someone else goes through this. This is my "secret" fear as I drive mine ~20K a year mostly in crazed SoCal and I'm convinced it's just a matter of time. It usually manifests itself as exo-cage dreams.

Take care and try to enjoy the holidays in spite of it all.
Mike R

dang, feeling for you! glad you're OK.
ARB a notch up on my list....

That sucks.
Sorry.

It's crazy how fast automobiles (and people!) can go from clean, pristine and perfect, to a mangled and twisted mess.

Glad you're OK.

Hayes

Damn Jim bummer. Glad to hear your ok though. Course maybe its a good thing you didn't have the ARB I know it would have temped me after initial contact to use the skinny pedal and put em in the wall.

Dang Jim that sux........hopefully it was put down in the report as their fault............

Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom