ROTW - Beowulf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys!

Pristine is a 1997 model that I bought in July 2001 with about 95k miles. The original owner bought it from American Toyota so it's been in New Mexico since new.

The build up started right after I got it with the usual stuff; tyres, lift, sliders, and so on.

Details
=====

1997 FZJ80 that currently has 156k miles
Factory F&R lockers
305/70 BFG MT's on factory alloys
OME 850/861 with 1" spacers up front
OME L-shocks
Slee transfer skid
Extended SS brake lines, and sway bar drops
Dual Optimas (kinda... not wired yet.)
On Board Air with new ExtremeAir 4cfm compressor waiting for install
Slee front and rear bumpers
Custom step sliders
Outback aluminum rack, full length
JDM side markers and rear plate bracket
12v outlets in rear
40qt Engle
Great covers on 2nd row, sheepskin on front row (jury's still out on the fronts)
In dash Uniden 510xl CB
Greddy temp gauge in A-pillar pod
External GPS antenna on cowel; Holux GPSlim 236 GPS receiver
Hand throttle and dash cup holder from Slee
Correct tan carpet pad in console hole (tnx to a thoughtful 'mud member)

Mods on deck
=========

The Big Bang project (lots of 12v wiring)
Wire up the dual batteries
Install the ExtremeAir
4" Slee springs or 850J/863
M12000 winch
Rear drawers or false floor or something. Probably the Outback drawers

I will apologize in advance for not being able to answer questions this week. I will do my best but my 'mud time has been severly restricted for the past few months.

BeoatRioPuerco.jpg

BeoatWhiteSands.jpg

BeoRearBumper.jpg

Beo_Uniden510xl.jpg

Snow_Run.jpeg

Sticker.jpeg

-B-

Last edited:
Nice looking rig, where do you mount your GPS? Thinking of getting one and debating between that and a laptop. I'd be interested in how yours is mounted and how it held up while wheeling.

Romer said:
Nice looking rig, where do you mount your GPS?

Nothing fancy Ken. I'm currently using a bluetooth GPS receiver that stays in the glove box and transmits the signal to a bluetooth PDA. Since the PDA is also my phone, it is temporarily mounted. I've been using a cheapy dash holder. (No pics.)

-B-

Hawkdriver,

That is White Sands National Monument. We've taken the scout troop there for a couple of years. The boys have a blast playing in the dunes.

-B-

Having the window sticker is neat. I found mine in the owners manual. Its interesting to look at it and know how much it cost new in 1997. I think my LX450 was $54K. The dealer is listed as John Elway Toyota in Denver, thats about 1 mile from my house.

John Elway in Denver must have worked something out with American in albq. for your rig.

Romer said:
John Elway in Denver must have worked something out with American in albq. for your rig.

Yep, that's what I guessed. I posted the sticker 'cause nobody has done that for ROTW and it's getting hard to come up with something original. My plan was to take pics of some hot chick in a string bikini laying on the bonnet. Ran out of time. ;)

-B-

Beowulf said:
My plan was to take pics of some hot chick in a string bikini laying on the bonnet. Ran out of time. ;)

-B-

Now that would have been special. :cool:

Beautiful truck -B-. Been really looking foward to this particular week and have to say I'm not at all disappointed, very impressive, nice write up, all in all 'pristine' is definately all she's cracked up to be. :D

Nice Rig

Love the colour have't seen one like it before

My plan was to take pics of some hot chick in a string bikini laying on the bonnet. Ran out of time.

I'm willing to wait while you go and get the camera, take a pick and post it :cheers:

Do you have any pictures with the patented Beowulf Paint Protection mod? ;)
img_prod_orig_main.jpg

Last edited:
B, that is my favorite LC color. Nice truck.

Sweet rig B. I think this is the first time I've seen pics of the entire rig -- usually it's just pics of certain sections.

Cool rig B!

After seeing that sticker, I must say, I don't feel bad getting 13.5 mpg (occasionally 15 mpg) with my heavy vehicle!

I like the sliders - have any more pics of them - especially durring construction?

As far as the Bikini pics - you still have 5 days left in the week to add them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom