another 45 lv rescued (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whitey45

SILVER Star
Threads
Small world when it comes to the landcruiser world.I called on this 45 last week and was talking to the guy about landcruisers and he mentioned he had a 45 pickup about 17 years ago and that he lived in cambell,ca. Well about 17 years ago I bought my green 45 in cambell,ca....yes it was the guy who sold me the 45 I have had ever since,and to make it even more ironic,is he was selling this lv for his neighbor who didnt have a computer,and he lives 2 hours from cambell. Anyway I dragged this lv home today,63 titled as a 64,been sitting on a ranch for 20 years,used to take people up to a hot springs hippy joint in the early 70s.It is amazingly rust free,floors,roof,quarters are solid.Unfortunatly rear hatch and tailgate are missing(lv guys,I need a hatch and tailgate).No motor or trans,not sure what the plan is yet,but would love to make it to surf and turf (Rob 60 day lv build!)

ken I beat you to it!
1946.jpg
1915.jpg
1943.jpg

Looks like a really clean one. Looking forward to the restoration.

Last edited:
Let the games begin! . ..........and post pics!

I've got a spare hatch, it's waaayyy up here though ;)

Nice score!!

Very Cool Whitey!! That body sure does look nice and clean, I'd be curious to know the vin because as a '63 it would have to be one on the earliest LV's in the US. On the drivers side fender is that a mounting bracket for the early style fender mounted mirrors like on Land Pimps Jimmy wagon?

good eye JP,I have never seen a fender mirror or bracket,and didnt think the lvs got them here in the us,but this looks like a factory piece,it has a support bracket underneath.Now if I could only find a mirror and arms! The vin is 3-fj45-14502,it also has the short rear seat stays which are an early clue.It has what I first thought was a nippondenso heater but it is some other manufacture(need to clean it to identify)
1933.jpg
1931.jpg
1948.jpg

That's it!! I'm gonna have to get into a hobby with more rarity to it. There's way to manny LV's around now... they're gonna drive the market down!

good eye JP,I have never seen a fender mirror or bracket,and didnt think the lvs got them here in the us,but this looks like a factory piece,it has a support bracket underneath.Now if I could only find a mirror and arms! The vin is 3-fj45-14502,it also has the short rear seat stays which are an early clue.It has what I first thought was a nippondenso heater but it is some other manufacture(need to clean it to identify)

Very COOL Whitey! Thanks for the close up pics......

accourding to Rick D. in a thread I dug up about the oldest LV known in the US

"FJ4514088 was in TLC's yard waaaayyyy back when (1998)"

So with yours a 14502 it would likely make it the second oldest LV known, and that is something to be proud of :cheers: Also that heater sure does look just like the denso "clam" shell design, I don't know what else it could be if it isn't.

Here is a photo of Landpimps LV with the factory mirror, from what I have read the fender mirrors were only on the very earliest LV's 63 to early 64. As my late 1964 LV did not come with one. Landpimps is has a sightly different mounting style, but I believe yours has to be factory maybe it is just an earlier version.

Landpimps%20LV.jpg

Again congrats on the great score:beer:

*edit*

After comparing it to some pics in the FJ25 section you def. have a uber rare factory option Denso heater there!!!! What a score and I am now extremely jealous:hillbilly:..... just check out this picture of Foxfabs.

heater.jpg
Landpimps%20LV.jpg
heater.jpg

Last edited:
You have an incureable sickness!! Good score!

That is the one,it does say denso on the doors,probably one of the coolest designs,I will get a better pic of the ducting and there is even a grill on the lower cowl area.I noticed the fender bracket is different from landpimps,but this thing is factory because the fender actually has a brace welded to it underneath.I knew this was an early example,but not that early.i am going to keep digging and see what other clues there might be.I really need a tailgate and hatch to complete this rig!

Damn - amazing story. I love seeing these old LV's turn up and get taken care of. One day I'll be in the club....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom