FJ40 front door hinge bushings - What else do they fit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I made some brass bushings and I was asked if they will fit the ambulance door hinges and FJ55 door hinges also. Does anyone know?

Here's what they look like...

bushings.jpg

Last edited:
won't fit unmodified 55 hinges, but i've drilled out 55 front door hinges to take them. easy enough to do, then just shorten a 40 door pin and install.

I too did this. Depending on the dimensions you used, they should fit 75 and later ambulance doors. It will require removing the stock pin (grind off rolled part on one side and drive out with punch/hammer) and making or modifying a front door pin. I do not belive that reusing the stock rear hinge pin will be an option due to the shortened length.

You should consider offering these for sale. I have found they are far more durable than the plastic ones available form various sources.

I would be interested in those as well, enough for 4 front doors. Someone used to sell them on ebay but quit for some reason.

They are the same part for the hinges on the hood ar at least they are on my 79

Southbostonfj, if one were to provide you w/ the bushing from the 55 or other models, could you utilize the same technology to fab reproductions of those? And Ige, are there any other key points to just drilling out the 55 pin bores and using a different pin, or is it really just that simple?

Southbostonfj, if one were to provide you w/ the bushing from the 55 or other models, could you utilize the same technology to fab reproductions of those? And Ige, are there any other key points to just drilling out the 55 pin bores and using a different pin, or is it really just that simple?

Yes as long as there is a market for them.

The rear doors and window hinges use the same bushings. Obviously there is a good deal of work involved to install the bushings in the rear door hinges.
Hinge 07.jpg
Hinge 01.jpg

The rear doors and window hinges use the same bushings. Obviously there is a good deal of work involved to install the bushings in the rear door hinges.

Excellent info. Thanks.

So these bushings will also fit on the Ambulance door hinges as well? Not sure if anyone has answered that. In other words driver and passenger door hinge bushings will also work on Ambulance door hinges? This guy does great videos but does not mention in the video where he gets the bushings;

C29711B6-D8B4-4B3E-9791-4BD93D9603EB.png
C29711B6-D8B4-4B3E-9791-4BD93D9603EB.png

This guys solution is elegant and would work quite well. Bushings anyone, Bueler, Bueler???

SOR and I'm sure other vendors.

Called SOR they say they do not have them. Once again are these bushings the same as the ones that go on front door hinges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom