Third member jig/fixture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Prior to starting the front end rebuild and ARB install I designed and fabricated this handy jig. I have been using this for the third member rebuild and it really works well. I welded a receiver to the bottom side of my welding table allowing a secure platform drilling/tapping, hammering and checking backlash. I drew it in CAD and cut it from 1/4" on the CNC plasma.
Once the work is completed I can pull it and stow it, then use the 2" receiver for another application.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

truly awesome for those who when it's needed work with improvised " supports " of all kinds .. I used to work in a up side down bench .. :lol:

Hi all,

Nice, very professional Firestopper! :beer:

Regards,

Alan

If you would like to fab one up, shoot me a PM and I will send you the CAD file.

Very nice. Sure beats my 2 chunks of angle iron clamped to a B&D Workmate.

I thought looking like a monkey fricking a football was the whole point of working on these things on the floor or poorly supported sawhorse?

Looks like a really handy item to use.

very clever!!! way nicer than my old coffee can. time to upgrade!!!:cheers:

Very nice design. I mounted mine to an engine stand. Nice being able to rotate it. I could do the same with your design. Could you email me the cad files? Thanks

M@trollhole.com

Very nice setup. I used my Black and Decker Workmate to do my rear gears. A setup like yours would rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom