YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who wants to save a few bucks?

Here's the deal. I under-ordered black plastics and I'm running low. Instead of paying to expedite more black units into inventory right away, I'm running a limited time discount on the new Sniper Grey color. Basically instead of paying the shop with the printer extra $$, I'm offering it back to you guys as a limited discount. Sniper Grey is the darkest grey I offer and is nearly black in low-light. It's a cerakoted color so it's very uniform and very durable. Light enough to be unique, dark enough to keep it classy.

Sniper Grey large.JPG

Sniper Grey small.JPG

SNiper Odo.JPG

Okay, alright take my money.

Is the battleship grey a smooth finish or is it a light texture like the uncoated black key fobs?

I got two of your black fobs and would not mind to buy another color. Great product

Ill jump in on the grey!

Sweet! you can place an order at the link here: YMD1 - Titanium Toyota/Lexus Key Kit

Is the battleship grey a smooth finish or is it a light texture like the uncoated black key fobs?

I got two of your black fobs and would not mind to buy another color. Great product

The battleship grey is a similar texture to the black. They're both a raw plastic with no coating. The black hides dirt and wear really well. The battleship grey can show more dirt and wears-in sort of like leather. It'll never look bad, but it won't look new and unused forever. The cerakote "Sniper Grey" is a much darker grey and more uniform in finish. It looks super sleek and is as durable as coatings get. I've been testing one of the white ones and it's still as vibrant and scratch-free as it was when new. The cerakote is really impressive stuff.

BACK IN BLACK. [insert snarky AC/DC reference here]

Finally got my replenishment of black inventory on these. Hopefully that's the last time I let the inventory on black run out.

I've also made added a few thou of material surrounding the key that should improve stability with some of the weird/rare key shapes. Nothing too noticeable, just continuous improvement.

@suprarx7nut

Do you still sell just the plastic clamshell for the YMD1 series? I couldn't find it on your website, but I was pretty sure it used to be listed.

Thanks

@suprarx7nut

Do you still sell just the plastic clamshell for the YMD1 series? I couldn't find it on your website, but I was pretty sure it used to be listed.

Thanks

I have been meaning to create a listing for just the shells, but haven't done that yet. Do you know what rev plastic you have? I made a change at one point so there is essentially a "Version 1" and "Version 2". All plastic parts have an engraved rev letter on the inside. You'll need to verify that before ordering any plastics.

If you know which rev you have I'll prioritize getting a listing up for that rev. Also let me know if you have a color in mind. I know I have plenty of black for each rev, but other colors will be limited with the older revs.

When I click the link it shows as 88for the sniper grey but 78 for the black?
Is the discount over?

Yes, discount is over. It was only active while I was out of black. It was my way of saying, "sorry I'm out of the cheapest option. Here's a discount on the next closest thing until I can restock the black again."

The price difference is there solely to cover the increased cost of the Cerakote.

Also, FYI, battleship grey is soon to be discontinued. It's a totally separate vendor for me and it's just a headache to maintain that inventory. It forces me to maintain two separate CAD designs with different dimensions to account for the difference in shrink between the print processes, etc... So if anyone wants BattleShip Grey, do it now! I think I've only got two left.

would these work on non oem toyota keys (from amazon, ebay etc)

Yes. If you have a metal thread in the blade (if the hole the back screw goes into is brass colored) then you have an I or T style and it'll work perfectly. These two styles account for roughly 98-99.5% of keys out there. If you don't see any metal in that screw hole, you have the dreaded U key. The "U" style key blades are the least compatible, but they still work. They will just wiggle more than others. I keep updating every batch with small dimension changes to help those U keys, but they're really tough to secure as well as the I and T styles.

Yes. If you have a metal thread in the blade (if the hole the back screw goes into is brass colored) then you have an I or T style and it'll work perfectly. These two styles account for roughly 98-99.5% of keys out there. If you don't see any metal in that screw hole, you have the dreaded U key. The "U" style key blades are the least compatible, but they still work. They will just wiggle more than others. I keep updating every batch with small dimension changes to help those U keys, but they're really tough to secure as well as the I and T styles.

Taking Andy’s comments in to consideration, I will tell you mine is an amazon key that I then built into the YotaMD. Grain of salt obviously. But generally knock off toyota keys are ok.

How long has it taken yall to get shipping confirmation after buying?

Several days for me, its kind of a weekend gig I think for the seller so I would imagine tomorrow being Saturday might be your lucky day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom