yellow zinc coating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
working on getting some tin cups restored, wondering if anyone has a line on someone willing to do some zinc coating for me with a small batch. really looking for a recommendation of any company anybody has used with success or if someone wants to help out and do the leg work for a set of tin cups. The only guys I've talked to where I'm at won't touch it since it's small batch stuff. I think I have a total of ten or 11 tin cups and about 15 or 16 caps of either the solid/ and or vented cap. my goal was to use 4 on my rigs, then get the others posted for restore projects.

16959435012471723704288694016469.jpg

If you are interested in doing it yourself check out "Caswell" they have a manual (and supplies) on how to de rust, zinc coat and and then add the yellow chromate. I haven't done it yet but a friend has with very good results.

A little off topic but if you buy new zinc coated nuts, bolts, washers etc just make sure they are clean and then do the yellow chromate. With a little experimentation on how long to dip them my friend got them to look just like OE.

thanks for the lead I will keep them in mind for the next batch of parts. or if anything falls through but I believe I got them taken care of l. sending them out Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom