Wurlizer - Free to a good home! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
For your perusal: A Wurlizer roll top console piano. My daughters have developed other interests since getting this piano and using it over the last 10 years. We purchased it used from a neighbor and spent several hundreds of dollars tuning and internal maintenance. It spent two weeks on its back during this process. The tune is still good but may be slightly off on a few keys?

Great starter piano, Free to a good home. Youll just need a loading trailer to pick it up .

The keys are covered by a wood rolling cover. Dimensions are 140 long, 38 tall, 24 deep.

**NOTE** There is a possibility it is spoken for but only about a 35% chance they will take it imo. I need it out of the house to make room for a new piece of furniture so I am trying to line up interested parties in case it falls through. I will know by Tuesday pm. If interested, I can hold it for about 10 days but would prefer nothing longer than this time frame.

Thanks, Murf

Last edited:
0501161401a.jpg
0501161405a.jpg
IMG_20160427_114008331.jpg

Hey Murf, we might be interested but we are in Tucson. I have a trailer and ramps, is it something 2 guys can handle?
Also wondering about the 140" long, that's almost 12 feet long! I assume typo but could be wrong.
Thanks,
Steve

Must be a huge piano. Maybe it requires two guys to play it?!

Oops, its like 5-6 foot long. Yes two or three guys can move it.

For your perusal: A Wurlizer roll top console piano. My daughters have developed other interests since getting this piano and using it over the last 10 years. We purchased it used from a neighbor and spent several hundreds of dollars tuning and internal maintenance. It spent two weeks on its back during this process. The tune is still good but may be slightly off on a few keys?

Great starter piano, Free to a good home. Youll just need a loading trailer to pick it up .

The keys are covered by a wood rolling cover. Dimensions are 140 long, 38 tall, 24 deep.

**NOTE** There is a possibility it is spoken for but only about a 35% chance they will take it imo. I need it out of the house to make room for a new piece of furniture so I am trying to line up interested parties in case it falls through. I will know by Tuesday pm. If interested, I can hold it for about 10 days but would prefer nothing longer than this time frame.

Thanks, Murf

What's the story with the speaker next to the piano? Maybe that new piece of furniture is bigger then you think.:rolleyes: My speaker switch up north has one empty spot just begging for another set of vintage speakers.:hmm: I'll even trade a swimming for them. Might require more then two or three guys to move.:rolleyes:

My oldest daughter already has a piano from my ex's mother otherwise I would have been interested. She has all three of her kids playing a musical instrument. Her youngest plays the piano.

What's the story with the speaker next to the piano? Maybe that new piece of furniture is bigger then you think.:rolleyes: My speaker switch up north has one empty spot just begging for another set of vintage speakers.:hmm: I'll even trade a swimming for them. Might require more then two or three guys to move.:rolleyes:

My oldest daughter already has a piano from my ex's mother otherwise I would have been interested. She has all three of her kids playing a musical instrument. Her youngest plays the piano.

Marc Sahr already has hit me up on the vintage Sansui's and Pioneers. 70's electronics are jam worthy - big but clean rich sound. Keeping them for now.

Marc Sahr already has hit me up on the vintage Sansui's and Pioneers. 70's electronics are jam worthy - big but clean rich sound. Keeping them for now.

If your house is like mine those speakers are wasted being inside. In my detached garage can use them the way they were designed. Like old cruisers Northern AZ has a good climate for protecting vintage electronics. I bought one of Kevin's (Awl_TEQ) replacement FJ45 tailgates a few years. Never painted it with primer to be sure later it wouldn't be the wrong primer for the paint I used. Most places int he country by now would have at least a little surface rust. Still shiny metal. Even that piano would do well. Except I'm trying to make more room in the garage and my arthritic hands a piano would be a waste.:(

We will pass, thanks for the response on size. Just too busy to pick it up and get a few friends to help. Good luck.

Wow, I have a pair of the same speakers. Good to know I'm not the only one keeping ancient s*** around.

Murf, it's official, your post has been hijacked by old audiophiles. My advice would be to repost and this time in addition to "FREE WURLITZER" also add hernia included - no extra charge

Put me down for 3rd in line if thr first 2 dont work out :)

Nothing like a well rounded musician.:hmm:
I can toss in a not to fancy free drumset to go with, if it will help seal the deal.
264.JPG

Looks like going to the Clarke household next week!

Yes I have and I'm not giving up.

And for all the rest of you, if you've got any (well, mostly any) 70s-80s stereo gear hit me up. Receivers (Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood, Realistic), turntables (Technics, Pioneer, Yamaha, Kenwood) , reel-to-reel (Teac or Tascam or Pioneer), some cassette decks, and speakers (Kenwood, Sansui, Realistic, Technics). Working or not. Not interested in anything that says "Bose" on it (unless it also says Type I or II), newer surround sound stuff, etc.

I collect the stuff and for full disclosure, I do flip some of them. But by "flip" I don't just hit them with some windex and call it good. Any audio gear at least 30 years old is going to need something done. New capacitors (speakers and receivers). New belts (reel to reel decks and turntables). New bulbs. Cleaning. Lubing. Replacing missing parts (usually knobs and such). Adjusting. If you're looking for said gear, yes I have it for sale.

My apologies, Murf. Now returning to your regularly scheduled thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom