Wiring Rear Cargo Area Cigarette Outlet to be constant hot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team,
Mounting up a dog kennel in the back for Grouse Hunting. I'd like to find an easy way to wire this outlet to be constant hot so I can run the kennel fan when I'm not with the Rig.

Is there an easy way to do this? Anyone done it?
Thanks!

PXL_20230711_005237672.jpg

I was running an always on circuit for my trailer wiring, and branched it off to that outlet. It wasn't bad running the wires down that side of the vehicle under the carpet.

I'm doing it too. to run a Fridge.
It will run off the 2nd Battery and will be controlled by en E-Stop (Round Kill Switch) mounted on Center Console.

I'm using the Solve Function 3rd Row Ashtray Plug -

**Make sure you Fuse as close to Battery as Possible - Since it will be Constant Live

In my '99 LC I recently sold, I had a jumper wire in place of the ACC relay. I know it allowed the front outlet to always be hot and I think the back outlet was as well but didn't use it.

Richie! Exactly what I needed to know. huge thanks
To more clarify, when you say jumper wire, whet did it go to/from? the ACC relay both sides of the fuse to....

Richie! Exactly what I needed to know. huge thanks
To more clarify, when you say jumper wire, whet did it go to/from? the ACC relay both sides of the fuse to....
Trying to remember but not exactly sure....Of the four "ports", there was only one wire from one port to another. But can't remember which two ports. On my 2000 LX, I can jump the two ports closest to engine and turn on radio, outlet, etc. but not just the outlet like in my '99.

IMG_1012.jpeg

Pretty sure that jumper is all I did (found it in here somewhere) - this is the fuse box under the hood and it turns the right dash and rear cargo plugs to live all the time. Double check the wiring diagrams and fuse box cover in case your truck is different.

The wiring to the factory outlet is pretty small. I noticed a significant voltage drop at that outlet when trying to run a fridge after trying the jumper wire option. My solution was to run a heavier power feed to the rear and replace the outlet.

Thanks for the help, jumped those two on mine and it didn't work, but I've got a 2000LC- will have to check the diagrams. Thanks for pointing it out.

You should be able to pull the 12V off of your trailer wiring if you have any. I'm pretty sure there is a constant hot wire.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom