Wheels that work, part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm running Pro Comp 1069 15x8 with 2.25 back spacing. I just put them on. I used this tech page for the proper back spacing, but the earlier post was with steel wheels that are balanced on the outside of the wheel. Wheel weights rub the tie rod ends when weights are on the inside of the wheel. After an hour with a 2lb sledge I got the weights flat enough to clear.....Just ordered 5/16 spaces for the front

15x8 Eagle 589s, 3.25" backspacing. running 33x12.5 with just extended shackles and no fitment issues. with 3.25" b/s, fronts do sit a bit proud of the fender.
LC_new_tires_2_FW.jpg

FJsixty2 said:
15x8 Eagle 589s, 3.25" backspacing. running 33x12.5 with just extended shackles and no fitment issues. with 3.25" b/s, fronts do sit a bit proud of the fender.

How much space do you have between the wheel and the caliper?

USW-70-5850, U.S. Wheel, Via Summit Racing, 15x8, 3.75 BS

No grinding, no spacers. The cutouts do not have the turned-in lip like crawlers and other models, and cleared my stock calipers.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...23107+400354+4294923106+1003+115&autoview=sku

I ordered white, with the intention of painting them. They were the same price as unpainted, and the factory white worked great as a primer/base coat.

Two cans of spray-on black polymer bedliner, 180 grit paper and done!

i'd say roughly 3/16" to the front calipers and 1/4" in the rear. stick-on wheel weights are tight front and rear, but i haven't lost any yet. i did flatten them a bit with a deadblow before mounting the tires, just to be sure. probably a good thing i did.

Moby said:
How much space do you have between the wheel and the caliper?

I know this is an old thread, but I don't really understand the backspacing thing. What would a 5" backspace do? Is it more into the center of the rig than the 3.75 that most of you are useing?

Does anyone know if American Racing Outlaw II wheels work on a FJ62? Also, does anyone know how to decipher AR's numbers? I am looking for a 15x10 wheel with 3.25" backspacing. Here is the link to the lists.

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

You may have to click on the pic of the Outlaw II wheel to see what I am talking about.

I am guessing that it is part # 62-5783, but I don't understand what that 3 3/4 means. Is that backspacing?

Also, should I be using a 10" wheel with 32x11.5 mud terrains, or should I be using an 8" rim?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if American Racing Outlaw II wheels work on a FJ62? Also, does anyone know how to decipher AR's numbers? I am looking for a 15x10 wheel with 3.25" backspacing. Here is the link to the lists.

American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

You may have to click on the pic of the Outlaw II wheel to see what I am talking about.

I am guessing that it is part # 62-5783, but I don't understand what that 3 3/4 means. Is that backspacing?

Also, should I be using a 10" wheel with 32x11.5 mud terrains, or should I be using an 8" rim?

They work but with backspacing. I used 15mm.
Otherwise they eat the rubber boots on the steering knuckles.
I have them! And just for show had them polished to a mirror shine! grinpimp: No pics of that though...
Cruiser1 copy.jpg
LC foran gården copy.jpg

Last edited:
They work but with backspacing. I used 15mm....

Is the 15mm backspace some sort of spacer you have to buy or is it a different rim?

Also, are you using a 10" rim? I would like to use one if possible.

Basically I am trying to figure out if I can use American Racing Outlaw II part # 62-5183 (this is a different one than the previous post, that one was a 7" rim).

This rim is a 15x10, Offset: -38, Backside: 4, whatever that means.

Sorry for all of the questions, but I want to make sure I get something that works properly the first time.

Last edited:
no need to appologize! :)

It is exactly the rims I have, 10" x 15". No clue as to what the "backside 4" means, but there is no options in the backspacing, so you have to use spacers like I did. I used some cheap ones and longer wheel bolts, not the best way to do it IMO. Below is a pic of a better solution.

I hope it helps, otherwise ask again! :)
wheelspacers copy.jpg

Thanks for the clarification on the rims. I don't know what that backside 4 nonsense is either. Where can I get spacers like that?

A lot of the vendors announcing here sells them, I would suggest checking them. Click the IH8MUD.com - Support our Advertsing Vendors and start supporting! :D

Maybe we can get some of the more knowledgeable cruiserheads to chip in on the "backside" issue?

I have 3 15x7 and 1 15x10 Outlaw II's on my 62 :hillbilly: and they all rub the boots on the tie rods. Not sure on PN, the 15x7's were on the truck when I bought it and I don't remember the 15x10.

Mickey Thompson Classic II 16x8 3.625" back spacing fit fine. About 1/2-3/4" distance from the wheel to TREs.
Part #368412*

Last edited:
Mickey Thompson Classic II 16x8 3.625" back spacing fit fine. About 1/2-3/4" distance from the wheel to TREs.
Part #368412*

Confirmed - just put on a pair of these - they fit fine - plenty of clearance for TRE and calipers. No spacers needed.

I'm runnin MT Baha MTZ's 33x11's and it's a great package...

its basically the distance of the wheel offset to the back of the rim or the distance from the back of the rim to the mounting pad. (same thing in different terms)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom