Wheelin62s HJ31 build (formerly known as project 6x6) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Other side stake holders made. Was able to get half the headache rack lower panels made. Made to resemble the military trailer bed used to have on it, liked the look.
IMG_7469.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

Also got some side shots.
IMG_7461.JPG

Made some flush retracting tie downs for the edges.
IMG_7507.jpg

Always liked the octagon or hexagon exhaust stacks. Problem was they are expensive and to big diameter wise. Finally decided to give it a go and make my own. Turned out well. Very happy with it.
IMG_7508.jpg

Finished lower headache rack and made grab handle and step for the bed.
IMG_7532.jpg

Planned out new routing of exhaust to stack. Notched the bed frame some to allow exhaust to pass through with enough room.
IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

Worked exhaust stack today. Welded it all up, and made the mounts to the bed.
IMG_7552.JPG

Going to be raining the next couple days. Come Friday we'll flip the bed over for final welding and paint.
IMG_7550.JPG

IMG_7561.JPG

Bed will be black with cedar boards, and I'm just high temp clearing the exhaust stack for contrast.

Was able to get most the bed painted. Will turn it over the next day or so and finish parts of the top. Exhaust stack was also cleared with a few coats of clear satin high heat exhaust paint.
IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

Finished painting the bed and set back into place. Will mount the boards this weekend after getting more road time. Easier to check things out with the suspension without the boards in the way.
IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg

Can't wait to get the cab painted (within a coupe weeks). She's gonna look killer with white and black and cedar colored wood.

Are you painting the cab black?

Hinged frame for the wood bed almost complete. Used spare 60 hood hinges and latch with gas struts. Should be finished tomorrow and ready for the wood to be bolted in.
IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_7958.JPG

IMG_7959.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7964.JPG

Done for the day, long day. All the wood in place, holes drilled, and 90 percent of bolts in(ran out toward the end).
IMG_7988.JPG

Frame hinges well. Need stronger struts (I have stronger ones in the garage somewhere).
IMG_7975.JPG

Front frame section complete. The truck box will stay on that, and if needing access to fuel tank, that front part is on quick release pins and can come out.
IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

Will need even up some up the edges and touch up sealant/stain on the edges of some of the boards where cut. Will do that when I paint the wood frame.

That's a very unique rig you gots there !!!

Looks great !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom